Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Random question but with the absolute lack of decent strikers on the market why is Jonathan David still at Lille? Is there a reason teams are staying away? 

I think the Premier League is a step too much for him at the minute. He scores and has the potential, but often wastes chances and can often need a few chances before he scores.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Boro' are in trouble seemingly.

I heard a rumour a while back, but it came from someone who knows someone kind of thing, so never mentioned it.

Anyway the people who own the Mandale Group were looking to buy the club, but I think Steve Gibson was waiting to see if they got promoted and he could cash in for a lot more from someone else.

4 hours ago, Interpolic said:

I'd like to think we looked at Harrison extensively, then our ambitions were fast-forwarded so he slipped down the list. Barnes wasn't possible at first, then he was. 

Think that's less the case with Diaby where we were probably most put off by the fee. Still delighted with Barnes mind, think he'll be ace for us. 

Yeah definitely. I was well up for getting Harrison and well up for getting Ekitike then Joao Pedro. Then Isak and Barnes happened and it's pretty obvious that they were both higher on the wish list 

Going to put pressure on Poch to play these players even if he doesn't seem they fit? 

Boehly wanting to do a meet and greet with the players at half time for his mates under Tuchel so he's definitely going to stick his nose in I think. Hope so. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Being serious, what's his actual value? £60m?

£60m - £80m, I think £65m would be fairest. It’s an absurd fee for a player who has proven nothing yet. He’s great athletically, he’s very good technically, he’s physically very strong. There’s nothing wrong with his game but I wouldn’t say he’s a special player, he’s just a very balanced player who may go on to improve further but so might a ton of players. It’s a ridiculous gamble