Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

He certainly hasn't proven himself to be "world class". 

He may well become world class in the future. Until that time comes, he is unproven. 

Surely there must be different stages between unproven and world class? Schar isn't world class, but he's a proven decent PL centre half.

3 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Caicedo at that price can never be class as a great signing. Even in this market it feels £50 million over priced.  That fee impacts their ability to strengthen elsewhere, something they need to do if they are to match their ambitions and given that their team still looks unbalanced.  Signings are only 'great' when all the pieces fall into place which with this one I don't think they do.

I would argue he's semi proven at this stage, in that he has done well, not for that long, in a team that is well coached and has a specific style of play that suits him. You can't be sure how this will translate. He's also never played in the Champions League, so at that level he is firmly unproven. 

Yeah, Caicedo has to be the best in the world in his role to justify that sort of price tag. I like him a lot, but in the £50-60m bracket not £115m. 

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How do the PL look at that Caceido transfer and agree that it’s fair market value? If that’s the case we should be going back to Saudi and asking for at least another £15M for the ASM deal. 

The fair market value is for related party transactions. 

7 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How do the PL look at that Caceido transfer and agree that it’s fair market value? If that’s the case we should be going back to Saudi and asking for at least another £15M for the ASM deal. 

It’s a deal between two unrelated parties market value is whatever the buyer is willing to pay. 

Stuff you get in trouble for is selling to yourself at inflated price (PIF to PIF) or doing swap deals with inflated book values to cheat the maths like Juve did.

Saw people mentioning Spurs signing Ferguson. If I'm Brighton I wouldn't be selling (ridiculous bid not withstanding)

The way FFP works then surely makes sense for them to not sell all their assets all at once. So may aswell have one big sale each year. If there is an intention to reinvest any of this money on their squad. Plus Ferguson looks like he's only just getting started and his value should only increase. 

Those fuckers (Liverpool) have been inflating the market for years. First a world record for defender, and then a world record for keeper was it not? Yeah Chelsea are somewhat despicable, but Liverpool and it's fans have been for some 40 years. And they now have the most awful manager by some margin.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Think the ideal scenario is for Liverpool to miss out on all targets AND for Chelsea to later be found guilty of FFP breaches. Not that it ever seems to mean anything if someone is guilty.

Liverpool and Klopp are surprisingly to me becoming our new closest rivals with all of their whining and complaining. Thought it would be Spurs when we got took over but feels like we have already moved past them.