Other clubs' transfers

Greg

45 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Ridiculously good signing. They also manage to do them quickly/quietly. 

Doubt we will sign another CM but I think we lack in that area. We don’t have quality in depth there. We barely have any backup of similar standard. 

Would love to have seen us go for Ederson, or the lad from Celtic definitely lacking quality in depth when we play with 3 in there.

Edited by Whitley mag

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Would love to have seen us go for Ederson, or the lad from Celtic definitely lacking quality in depth when we play with 3 in there.

I'm not so sure with Willock, the Mileys, Longstaff we probably have enough, I'm not against upgrades but if we sign a CB and RW, PSR will tell us our money has run out 

I don’t think we do. Not compared to other positions at least. We have four “purples” for those 3 positions, a pretty reliable backup and a few youngsters who are good enough backup and will only get better (Miley and could even add Hall if needed).

Bigger gaps to plug with the limited funds we have.

20 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I don’t think we do. Not compared to other positions at least. We have four “purples” for those 3 positions, a pretty reliable backup and a few youngsters who are good enough backup and will only get better (Miley and could even add Hall if needed).

Bigger gaps to plug with the limited funds we have.

Yes we have more important areas, I get that. But for me it doesn’t change the fact that we don’t have quality in depth there and that we are vulnerable in that area. 

34 minutes ago, Ikon said:

We have enough in numbers, yes, but not in quality! We look very vulnerable there. 

I think we would if we had the money tbh, or any takers for Longstaff. Unfortunately we have neither.

14 hours ago, Ben said:

Good replacement 

Wont happen, but if Chalobah is obtainable for £20m with some add ons, that’s a great deal to be had. 

Him, Schar, Botman, Guehi would be a right group of CBs. Option to cover RB too in first season whilst Burn is still on books.

Sander Berge to Man Utd is a strange one. 

Don't remember a player getting relegated twice having so much fanfare. He was hyped loads but not sure he's stood out hugely in the Prem

I think that's a shocking signing. 

Man Utd fans are so stupid, they're tying to justify the Berge signing by referencing Wijnaldum being with us despite the fact he scored 11 goals, came off a World Cup, where he scored, was quality at PSV and was our marquee signing ffs. 

Edited by Astroblack

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Chelsea howked out 30+ million on that omarion fella from atletico Madrid and he's never kicked a ball for them 😂 plus they just bought him last year for 6 million. 

Chelsea are the gift that just keeps giving and the mental thing is that their fans are already blaming their new manager, calling him a Yes Man

17 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Chelsea pay nowhere near the basic wage of a top PL team? I genuinely don’t believe that, unless you only mean Man City, Man U and Arsenal. Might be paying them less than they used to, but it’s still comparable surely?

Looking at the online numbers and many of their young players are on relatively low wages. Enzo £180k, Caicedo £150k and Mudryk £100k are pretty low considering the fees but they all earn a lot more than previously considering where they came from. Palmer £75k, Jackson £65k, Madueke £50k, Gallacher £50k, Gusto £45k and Lavia £45k seem very reasonable. Think all of these players would earn a lot more if they were signed by Man City, Arsenal or Man United.

Big contracts under Boehly are Sterling £325k which seems like an early mistake that they learned from. James £250k and Chilwell £200k are both IMO understandable as England internationals if they weren't injured all the time. Fofana £200k and Cucurella £175k seem high but both came from PL with huge fees. 

Generally I think the cliche of going to Chelsea due to massive wages they offer is not really true under Boehly. Plan seems to be to buy young players who haven't had massive contracts before and then giving them long years to get the money down a bit. Really happy Pochettino walked, IMO with him they would have been really colse to finishing in the top 4 but with Maresca it's a big question mark once again.