Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Also unlike a lot of North American owners they have got involved in football because of how different it is to American sports. The football pyramid system of promotion/relegation and the way clubs are wedded to their communities are basically the main things that attracted McElhenney to look to buy a club in the first place.

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

I just hate them because It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is perhaps the worst television program in the history of TV. 

It’s clearly not mate. I’d acknowledge that it’s silly, exaggerated humour, but I think it offers some charm and the characters are great 

5 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s clearly not mate. I’d acknowledge that it’s silly, exaggerated humour, but I think it offers some charm and the characters are great 

I don’t think there’s any charm whatsoever. All the characters seem to hate each other. It’s not clever and I’m pretty sure it’s mostly improvised. Everyone just rejects everyone’s ideas till the good looking one(think his name is Dennis) comes up with an idea and then they all go “yea yea, let’s do that”. 

And listen, I have taste. I’ve seen everything from The Wire to Trailer Park Boys(IMO GOAT comedy), Office UK, Breaking Bad, Peep Show, pretty much everything on the IMDB 250 and if I was rating It’s Always Sunny on a scale of 1-10, it’d get a 2 and that’s only because the production makes it look like a real TV show. I have watched the show with a straight face because there are literally NO JOKES. Zero. It’s like some sort of shock humor or something. I can’t explain it and I’m bewildered at the amount of fans it has. 

I’d disagree with your 2/10 rating, but that’s why television (like football) is great because it divides taste and therefore opinion. All the shows you mentioned are great -  although I’d say Breaking Bad was extremely overhyped in my view which is similar to your point on Sunny I guess 

12 hours ago, Astroblack said:

I don’t think there’s any charm whatsoever. All the characters seem to hate each other. It’s not clever and I’m pretty sure it’s mostly improvised. Everyone just rejects everyone’s ideas till the good looking one(think his name is Dennis) comes up with an idea and then they all go “yea yea, let’s do that”. 

And listen, I have taste. I’ve seen everything from The Wire to Trailer Park Boys(IMO GOAT comedy), Office UK, Breaking Bad, Peep Show, pretty much everything on the IMDB 250 and if I was rating It’s Always Sunny on a scale of 1-10, it’d get a 2 and that’s only because the production makes it look like a real TV show. I have watched the show with a straight face because there are literally NO JOKES. Zero. It’s like some sort of shock humor or something. I can’t explain it and I’m bewildered at the amount of fans it has. 

Should be called its never funny in philidelphia 

12 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Hell on Earth or Infamous though? 

14 hours ago, Astroblack said:

I just hate them because It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is perhaps the worst television program in the history of TV. 

The Crack episode and when Charlie can't pronounce philanthropist is the best television has to offer.

13 hours ago, Astroblack said:

And listen, I have taste. I’ve seen everything from The Wire to Trailer Park Boys, Office UK, Breaking Bad, Peep Show (IMO GOAT comedy), pretty much everything on the IMDB 250 and if I was rating It’s Always Sunny on a scale of 1-10, it’d get a 2 and that’s only because the production makes it look like a real TV show. I have watched the show with a straight face because there are literally NO JOKES. Zero. It’s like some sort of shock humor or something. I can’t explain it and I’m bewildered at the amount of fans it has. 

Moved that one for you - sentence reads much better now :pow:

I've always been fascinated by it and have watched it loads of times trying to get into it. I enjoy the hijinx but aside from the implication scene I've never seen why other people put it on the same level as stuff like Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys, Community, 30 Rock etc in terms of it actually being funny like. 

It’s sunny in Philadelphia is very hit & miss. Some episodes are funny, others are just cringy.

As for hating Wrexham, I guess people are just tired of all the publicity over them because of their owners. I think a lot of National League fans think they have just bought the league. However I do think that they have helped emphasise that having only 2 clubs go up is a problem, and possibly that the National League should be absorbed into the EFL.

Personally, I’m not that arsed. I think a lot of Wrexham fans have been through it, and they have gained the lottery ticket everyone down there wants. On top of that Wrexham itself is a fairly deprived area. It lacks investment and jobs, and I guess it’s good that the town now has something to cheer about with their football club.

Edited by Stifler

17 hours ago, NE27 said:

Always sunny getting a panning in here, where is that unpopular opinions thread!

Nice to TPB getting the praise in its place though.

It's one lost and confused soul not liking it :lol:

Always Sunny is mostly great I think. In a complete different league to 30 Rock.

Astro- "no jokes".?? Not even sure what you mean. Most good comedies don't read out jokes. It's about amusing moments, and I'd say Always Sun has a v good rate of them.

Edited by Superior Acuña