Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Like Tchoumani?

Real have eaten their main summer transfer target 2 years in a row.  

They usually don’t go for the recognised A talents. So they end up competing with the likes of us rather than the likes of City or Real. That’s why they have Darwin and not Haaland. 

I think fans of every club are overly negative about the transfer misses and look at other clubs' transfers with rose-tinted glasses. We have had plenty of players turn us down. In general, I like that we have abandoned (either by design or after getting rejected repeatedly) trying for players Bellingham and Tchouameni and started focusing on the tier below that. There is a risk, but that is how we built the previous team. Given the upheaval in midfield, this coming season will be a bit of a transition. I like all the players we have bought and their potential. Mac Allister, Szoboslai, Jones, Bajcetic, Elliott,  and hopefully Lavia - there is a lot to work with there. 

i feel a little for maguire, got the phil jones hex of becoming a figure of national ridicule because when he makes errors they tend to be on the calamitous. But he is simply never going to be a defender for a technical high defensive line side that they want to do. He may well think he has a decent chance of outlasting Ten Hag I guess, and when the high press stops working he can play deep and everyone will comment on maguire has done well there. Still think best for him is to go, don't get any clearer sign you aren't getting minutes than having captaincy stripped. 

10 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

i feel a little for maguire, got the phil jones hex of becoming a figure of national ridicule because when he makes errors they tend to be on the calamitous. But he is simply never going to be a defender for a technical high defensive line side that they want to do. He may well think he has a decent chance of outlasting Ten Hag I guess, and when the high press stops working he can play deep and everyone will comment on maguire has done well there. Still think best for him is to go, don't get any clearer sign you aren't getting minutes than having captaincy stripped. 

I think he'd be great at West Ham. 

57 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is this Hojlund worth the money?

Good dribbler and finisher, the rest of his game needs some work, particularly his decision making. If he's coached correctly he has the potential.

32 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I’m getting a bit sick of Romano 750 updates a day on this deal with zero new information 

Aye he's not clued in on this one and just trying to keep reporting on it. He's been super slow with a lot of news this summer. 

We've verbally bid £59m+4m in add ons for Hojlund. It'll be accepted. Big increase on the opening bid of £43m+8m. Official offer will be across by Sunday. Personal terms already agreed. 

He's definitely coming except for any madness from PSG. They've already offered him more wages than we have but his preference is still us. 

Amrabat the next target. Fred will be gone in the next few days. Offers coming in for McTominay and Maguire. 

We're interested in Disasi as well but that'll only happen if Maguire leaves. 

Source for all this: trust me bro. 

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I said this the other day, and I will say it once more, so I can claim my ITK  crown, but we are still very interested in Johnson. 

We won't pay 50m though.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

I said this the other day, and I will say it once more, so I can claim my ITK  crown, but we are still very interested in Johnson. 

We won't pay 50m though.

Johnson and Diaby seems a bit of overkill ?

This has been bothering me a bit for a while, but I've managed to keep a lid on it as, well, I am an outsider and what not.

Anyway, can we change the title of this thread to "Other clubs' transfers" rather than the grammatically incorrect current title?

1 hour ago, brummie said:

This has been bothering me a bit for a while, but I've managed to keep a lid on it as, well, I am an outsider and what not.

:lol: You've been here as long as me.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm guessing this will go through the PL "fair market value" test.

Why would it? Rennes and Chelsea aren’t linked are they ? It’s Strasbourg who Chelsea’s owners have bought.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why would it? Rennes and Chelsea aren’t linked are they ? It’s Strasbourg who Chelsea’s owners have bought.

All deals over £1mill are checked apparently.

Edited by madras