Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, patrone said:

I know I'm new here, but is this what is known as a "parody account"

🤷‍♂️

No mate. I'm at worst the fifth best poster on the entire board, but a Manchester United fan. It's hard to get used to, but I assure you we will bond in time. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Bayern for two years. Win the Bundesliga and likely a domestic cup, have a shot at the CL, come back to England in two or three years and still break Shearer's record. 

He's going to come back to the league at 33 and score 48 PL goals?  Nah don't see it like. 

Edited by Teasy

9 minutes ago, Teasy said:

He's going to come back to the league at 33 and score 48 PL goals?  Nah don't see it like. 

Shearer scored 39 PL goals after that age despite playing for an average side and having several career-threatening injuries in his past.

If Kane signs with a good side at 33 I’d stake my house on him getting to that figure. 

34 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Quite comfortably if he avoids injuries.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

No mate. I'm at worst the fifth best poster on the entire board, but a Manchester United fan. It's hard to get used to, but I assure you we will bond in time. 

Whats Up Ok GIF by Film Riot

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

No mate. I'm at worst the fifth best poster on the entire board, but a plastic Manchester United fan. It's hard to get used to, but I assure you we will bond in time. 

10 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Quite happy to see Man U spend £200m on Hojlund, Mount and Onana. Could all be decent signings but I'd be more concerned if they splashed out on Kane. 

Seems like 3 risky transfers I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 flop.

7 hours ago, Teasy said:

But Shearer scored 283 top flight goals, Kane's only scored 213. At 30 I can't see Kane scoring 71 more English top flight goals to beat Shearer... or are we only talking about Premiership goals? Bit skewed if so.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

16 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

But Shearer scored 283 top flight goals, Kane's only scored 213. At 30 I can't see Kane scoring 71 more English top flight goals to beat Shearer... or are we only talking about Premiership goals? Bit skewed if so.

Shearer’s 283 isn’t a top flight record though, so in some ways it’s fairly irrelevant.

Obviously for headline purposes, PL is all that matters.

16 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Either way you want but if we are including Shearer’s 23 Div 1 goals then we need to include Greaves’ 357. Kane still miles off.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Who holds the assists record of all time in the PL?

They didn’t bother with actually noting assists until the C21st, though I imagine someone will have gone back and counted them.  I still think they’re basically worthless stats.