Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Why should he go to Bayern, with Levy choosing his options for him, when he can wait a year, make a massive signing on fee, and have his pick of destinations?

If anything he’s being more ambitious staying put.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

And here’s the thing. It’s understandable that people say this stuff. It’s just…it sounds a bit hollow coming from you guys after Shearer turned down Man U to go to Newcastle.

I think it’s great he did. I love when players stay with teams their whole career, or choose their boyhood club over trophies or money or whatever. Doesn’t happen often enough. Just feels a bit rich to hear people complain about the top teams creaming off the best players and then complain that Kane/Shearer/Totti/whoever doesn’t have ambition.

Don't necessarily disagree but the context is a little different, we were on a huge upward curve, had just come within 4pts of the title and were clearly the second best team in the country at the time and just as likely to win the league, although it didn't work out.

I think it's more the "saga" aspect of this thing which is tiresome, he's been rumored to be moving in each of the past 2 or 3 summer windows.

There's no way Bayern go all in on Kane if they don't have buy in, which they always claim to have had.

Either he's making a show of it to keep fans onside and make out what a top bloke is or he's had a better offer in the meantime.

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Controversial but I think for that price he could add some good quality to us in a position we lack depth. 

We've got Tonali, Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Miley and Gordon who can all play CM, wouldn't say we lack depth there at all. 

I dunno think he got a bad rap for being a bit of an all rounder but master of none. He was just never a particularly intimidating midfielder for a club supposedly meant to be challenging for titles, but as a squad member is fine. No need for him here mind, with Longstaff Willock and Miley potentially in 2nd choice midfield we're fine.

Edited by Tiresias

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

We've got Tonali, Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Miley and Gordon who can all play CM, wouldn't say we lack depth there at all. 

There’s only really Bruno and Joelinton at a push that can play that dm/6 role though. 

20 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

And here’s the thing. It’s understandable that people say this stuff. It’s just…it sounds a bit hollow coming from you guys after Shearer turned down Man U to go to Newcastle.

I think it’s great he did. I love when players stay with teams their whole career, or choose their boyhood club over trophies or money or whatever. Doesn’t happen often enough. Just feels a bit rich to hear people complain about the top teams creaming off the best players and then complain that Kane/Shearer/Totti/whoever doesn’t have ambition.

Bollocks. Shearer came to Newcastle not only coz he supported the club we were one of best two clubs in the country and really should have won the league. Spurs are no where near it. 

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's no way Bayern go all in on Kane if they don't have buy in, which they always claim to have had.

Either he's making a show of it to keep fans onside and make out what a top bloke is or he's had a better offer in the meantime.

I'd love him to do a Sol Campbell man. 

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why should he go to Bayern, with Levy choosing his options for him, when he can wait a year, make a massive signing on fee, and have his pick of destinations?

If anything he’s being more ambitious staying put.

Agreed, he should do  Tielemans and fuck Levy up the arse.

51 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

47 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We where title challenges when he turned them down tbf.

Shearer didn't spend the previous summer courting, say, Liverpool, and spend all that summer necking on with Man U round the back of ze bike shed only to change his mind at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I think you might be right.  

He needs a proper agent. 

Yeah.

I appreciate familial pressure but to entrust such a huge career to your brother with no experience seems ridiculous.