Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Chelsea fucked it all again by spending £100m on Enzo and £80m on Mudryk of whatever it was. That just set another new ridiculous standard as to what supposedly top players costs these days.

How is FFP even viable any more when ONE player eats up the entire 3 year budget allowed for owner investments? Player inflation has gone mad again since Boehly took over, making an even bigger mockery of FFP than it already was.

I know there's amortisation and shite, but still, these fees are absolutely absurd man. 

Nearly double our transfer record. We're nowhere near being able to compete for these types of players. So much pressure on EH to bridge the gap with genius coaching and fitness levels others struggle to get near. I prefer it this way, fuck the ESL cunts.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

More than Bellingham went for. 

Man Utd fucking him off because they couldn’t be arsed to deal with his Ecuadorean club and entourage is laughs. 

Its beyond insane. Especially since Liverpool have apparently been "stopped from spending", if you listen to some of their drivel. 

Caicedo is clearly good, but why spend over twice as much as someone who's celling is arguably as high? Chelsea have absolutely fucked the transfer windows but for anyone else to play along is moronic,. It wont hold. I sincerely hope he goes to Liverpool and he's shite.

Last Brighton accounts took in £130m ish revenue largely by boosted by us buying Dan Burn. Hilarious stuff given what’s come since.

Tony Bloom making his dollar back long term.

That price literally doesn’t make a single ounce of sense. That’s essentially the value of the best holding midfielder in the world? He’s a good player but I just don’t see it. I guess I don’t know football. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

That price literally doesn’t make a single ounce of sense. That’s essentially the value of the best holding midfielder in the world? He’s a good player but I just don’t see it. I guess I don’t know football. 

It’s mad given what we paid for Tonali but when looking at player prices we have to understand market forces (which I know you do)

Brighton have essentially played this perfectly got two rich interested parties and absolutely no requirement to sell. But fucking hell, almost twice what we paid for Tonali and we were meant to be scammed :lol:

once he gets asthma and gets on the inhalers he will be a worldie though. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s mad given what we paid for Tonali but when looking at player prices we have to understand market forces (which I know you do)

Brighton have essentially played this perfectly got two rich interested parties and absolutely no requirement to sell. But fucking hell, almost twice what we paid for Tonali and we were meant to be scammed :lol:

once he gets asthma and gets on the inhalers he will be a worldie though. 

bang on. 

aye, the inhalers gonna turn him into kante. 

13 hours ago, Stottie said:

Kane may just be prodding Bayern for a last-minute wage hike. 

This was me passing on a Michael Caley theory, so credit to him.

Anyway Spurs are fecked, so we can recalibrate season predictions for them. My advice would be to play Richarlison for four months while the team as a whole is transitioning and spend the Kane money on Toney to aim for a strong finish. Toney will get a damaged goods discount, which matters all the more with the crazy fees knocking about.

32 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Klopp, something something club financial ceilings. Fucking hypocrite.

Sadly no journo will have the bottle to hold the donkey toothed cunt to account for his quote, laughable now you see how his mob and their establishment pals have rigged the game.

4 hours ago, Disco said:

Man Utd fucking him off because they couldn’t be arsed to deal with his Ecuadorean club and entourage is laughs. 

We were offered him for £4m. :lol:

We would have ruined him though. Moving to Brighton was the better move for him.

I quite like Caicedo to Liverpool for many reasons. Firstly, the crazy fee is another nail in the coffin about them being resourceful. Record goalie, record CH, record midfielder, near record striker, almost the full set. Secondly it exposes Klopp to pressure in getting as much out of him as Brighton did, which is not a given given the huge differences in stature and playing style. Lastly, he was Chelsea's big summer target and weakens them. With 5 CL places, we likely only need to finish above one of Chelsea and Liverpool. Liverpool could be there already with their attacking talent, so anything that weakens Chelsea is good.

In the game at SJP, Caicedo at LB got square on to Almiron, who simply knocked it past him and fed in Wilson for our third. It was the kind of non tackle and non foul that would have folk screaming at us to bin Dan Burn. A boo boy target would not get away with it. The kid is the new transfer record for a midfielder. So it goes.

Just for fun, but even after a fuckton of spending

Bruno > Caicedo

Joelinton > MacAllister when not taking penalty kicks

Tonali >= Szobo (both unknown, Tonali has the stronger career)

Willock > Jones

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

100% agree I not sure Liverpool will have a good season this year, I can see a few Klopp Kop meltdowns happening.

4 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Bruno > Caicedo

Joelinton > MacAllister when not taking penalty kicks

Tonali >= Szobo (both unknown, Tonali has the stronger career)

Willock > Jones

Every one of these is up for debate to be fair. 

It's completely unknown how good that Liverpool midfield could be. It has the potential to be incredible.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpools transfer policy since Edwards left has been a bit mad. 

Think he’ll do well there but £110m?  

Todd is an idiot. Chased him all summer - eventually offer the asking price anyway… then get gazumped by Liverpool. What a shit show. 

Chelsea could have easily wrapped it up earlier too because Liverpool only became players once the Saudi money unexpectedly came through for Fabinho and Henderson.

I said a little while ago on here that I would pay the £100 million for him for his age and proven play in midfield since day one as a teenager practically. Also already done it in the Prem in a progressive team.

Monumental fumble by Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

It's completely unknown how good that Liverpool midfield could be. It has the potential to be incredible.

Aye absolutely to be honest that post was pure cope :lol:

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Liverpools midfield is now Brightons 22/23 midfield, were they world beaters 

Maybe I just don’t understand football anymore but Caicedo at half that price would seem like top end value to me. Brighton have played a blinder and Liverpool + Chelsea seem to have inflated his price themselves. 

I thought Rice was expensive but he actually dominated games from that position at times. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed Caicedo doing the same. 

Just now, Ben said:

Liverpools midfield is now Brightons 22/23 midfield, were they world beaters 

The midfield certainly was. Put Alisson in instead of Steele, Salah in instead of Welbeck etc. etc. 

Just think it's foolish to write off that midfield at this point. Especially when they're all so young and are going to play under one of the most annoying but ultimately one of the best coaches in the world.