Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

It seems like a really bad move for Lavia given the options Chelsea have. He would have got more game time at Liverpool surely?

Very high risk of being burglarised on Merseyside.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Can someone bring me up to speed with how Chelsea can keep doing this? I appreciate they made a few quid with sales, but they're pushing to the limit.

I don't think anyone can definitively, hence why Liverpool have asked the Premier League to double check it. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

It seems like a really bad move for Lavia given the options Chelsea have. He would have got more game time at Liverpool surely?

He'd have played every week at Liverpool, who knows at Chelsea, they're a basket case, couldn't even guess what they're trying to do anymore. I'm not even convinced a lot of these players care about playing every week that much anymore, one big contract at a club like Chelsea and they're set for life. You'd think playing and developing would matter to them but it seems not, or else why go there except for money and the London life?

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Can someone bring me up to speed with how Chelsea can keep doing this? I appreciate they made a few quid with sales, but they're pushing to the limit.

it’s something like they have an annual amortisation of around £200m since last summer (a little under but near enough) and they’ve brought in a load of profit from sales this summer that for this year balances it out.

they’ll need to do similar next summer and the one after that if they want to keep up the big spends.

14 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

how the hell did liverpool go from one of the better teams at transfers to whatever the hell they're doing now

Was just thinking this. That they were in for Caicedo at all, let alone at that price, feels very much out of character. 

16 minutes ago, St1pe said:

They don't really have options in midfield tbf. At the moment they have Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher.

35 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Starting July 1 so Caicedo can only be amortized for five years but everything they have done prior to July 1 gets 8 (or however long the contract is for).

The Athletic

Apparently not…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12406001/Premier-League-CLOSE-Financial-Fair-Play-loophole-Chelsea-accounting-rules-UEFA.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailsport

No wonder they are going big this year with no European football to restrict them.

Edited by LFEE