Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, joeyt said:

He's been pretty poor for Wolves I think. Clearly talent there though

I thought he was the standout against Man U - but like you say talent is there - wonder if he is the stand in for De Bruyne

He’ll do a job for them and they’re adding some different types of players. 

Doku is an interesting one seems very much St Max like, very exciting but will be heavily coached like Grealish was before he’s trusted by Pep I reckon.

6 hours ago, nemtizz said:

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1694483518208770081?s=46&t=GWRv5bKhL_TQc_buPgeT6g

This lad has been linked with every club under the sun but is going to Saudi at the age of 21. What a creep.

These are the type of signings the Saudis should be looking to make going forward if they’re serious. Sad to see, but it’s inevitable as long as there’s money.

7 minutes ago, Flip said:

These are the type of signings the Saudis should be looking to make going forward if they’re serious. Sad to see, but it’s inevitable as long as there’s money.

They’re also the type of signings the European elite will be more concerned with long term. 

They’re quite happy to receive inflated fees for ageing stars they want off the books, but if the Saudis start hoovering up young stars the outcry will really start.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Still hardly sustainable unless the league itself starts producing actual talent. 

They are not far off, just less than a year ago they beat eventual world cup winners Argentina at the WC and both their national team and local talents are improving fast.

35 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

it was more exciting than a lot of other leagues

Probably to be expected given they're all spunking this cash on midfielders and forwards with not a defender to be seen. Wouldn't be surprised to see records getting broken when you've got Neymar, Mahrez, Firmino et al going up against tin cans every week.

(Though that's probably unfair, given I've zero fucking clue how good the Saudi players are - one off World Cup results aside - seeing as none of them play overseas. I know they sent some players on loan to Spain a few years back and none of them seem to have done much exciting. Who knows?

Gabri Veiga to Saudi ... my goodness.

Just old men they are signing they said. Just another China they said. 

This is only the first summer of them really targeting top players from Europe.

Signs of the beginning stages of the Saudi football takeover. They will become the super league.

Edited by KaKa