Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Prices have gone mental but you have to remember the club receiving the money will be getting crazy quotes on anyone they want to buy. It's just a domino effect until one club banks the money.

Going by those prices above Liverpool could sell Salah then have to spend nearly half of that on a relatively unproven player. You simply can't afford to buy any duds.

Edited by Scotty66

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

“it’s up to Cole Palmer” isn’t really a ringing endorsement mind. If he thought really highly of him he’d have told them he’s not for sale at all. 

Look Cole Palmer isn’t a regular starter, nobody is at City not even KDB, Pep already said to him - stay and you will get game time or leave for more game time, City don’t put pressure on the academy lads coming through, we play 60 plus games a season he’s hardly going to be on the bench over a season.

I don’t know what you want me to say, obviously CP thinks he will get more game time at Chelsea so good luck to the lad.

1 minute ago, Maineblue said:

Look Cole Palmer isn’t a regular starter, nobody is at City not even KDB, Pep already said to him - stay and you will get game time or leave for more game time, City don’t put pressure on the academy lads coming through, we play 60 plus games a season he’s hardly going to be on the bench over a season.

I don’t know what you want me to say, obviously CP thinks he will get more game time at Chelsea so good luck to the lad.

You wanna lose the snotty little attitude for starters. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

52 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

In fairness Palmer does look very very good. 45m is a bit silly but it is what it is. 

Has Pep ever sold a young talent before that’s came back to bite him on the arse? (not literally. It’d be against health and safety for one thing)

Oh, make no mistake, I like him too.

I just find Chelsea hilarious. As soon as anyone has a good week they are interested :lol:

I was actually wondering if we might be in for both Palmer and Harwood-Bellis for the young right wing and right centre back options.

I was wondering if we'd be able to get both for around £50 million!

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Why the fuck do chelsea need Cole Palmer :lol: 

Their transfer policy is so nuts, they're probably scouring some scouting database for players called Emerson and Lake right now, just for shits and (expensive) giggles.

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

Their transfer policy is so nuts, they're probably scouring some scouting database for players called Emerson and Lake right now, just for shits and (expensive) giggles.

Paul Lake, ex City, Emerson, ex Boro. Sorted  

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

How come Barça want rid? Always looked decent to me

Injury. He knacked his knee meniscus a couple of years ago, then instead of removing part of it (IiRC) he tried to fix it instead and ended up needing multiple surgeries. Lost some pace. He played in a lot of games last year but mostly coming on as sub I believe.

Rumour is that we wanted a loan with an option to buy and Barca just wanted a straight loan. Brighton took the plunge. Don’t know if that's true, but it makes some sense.

Yeah, Xavi doesn't fancy him and it's the kind of player (pacy and crafty forward) that he usually loves, so obviously there's something wrong with Ansu. The injury did take a big toll but mentally he's also a far cry of that confident and daring player he was. A loan might be what he needs.