Other clubs' transfers

Greg

48 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don't think they will ever attempt to join the Euro competitions as it would kill their advantage of spending as much as they want on players and wages.

Think it's more likely they end up becoming the actual super league eventually,  with most of the better players going up against each other while being paid ridiculous sums of money over there.

European teams will always carry weight.  

Best thing is to create a new international club competition. Make it so lucrative that European clubs prioritise it.  Then UEFA will have to come to the table and agree to be minor shareholders in the comp and give it final legitimacy. 

The UAE proxy just won the UEFA champions league. What’s better than that? A KSA team (no proxy) winning a KSA run champions league equivalent tournament 

13 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Wonder if Liverpool and Spurs are ok with the transfer fee, need to make sure of that first, could end any deal if they're at all irritated.

11 hours ago, wormy said:

How have Spurs weaseled their way in to the Mbappe rumours as if they're genuinely in the running? :lol:

10 hours ago, Jonas said:

Classic Spurs. The big 4, the big 6, Super League, Mbappe.

Coat-tail c*nts

I’ve never particularly liked the saying about living rent-free in somebody’s head, but come on lads :lol:. We’re shit, you’re in the CL, it’s the transfer silly season with bullshit everywhere. This doesn’t seem healthy.

19 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I’ve never particularly liked the saying about living rent-free in somebody’s head, but come on lads :lol:. We’re shit, you’re in the CL, it’s the transfer silly season with bullshit everywhere. This doesn’t seem healthy.

I'm not sure quoting 3 posts, mentioning Spuds, posted 3 hours apart, by 3 different posters, in a thread entitled "Other clubs transfers" is either evidence of "living rent free" nor the win you think it is. 

Ps Spurs ARE wank. ?

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Eventually more and more of the better players are going to question why they should settle for earning less than said washed up players.

Also, the likes of Neves, Mitrovic and Milinkovic-Savic aren't washed up and they have all opted for Saudi. It is just going to escalate.

Gets easier and easier for players to say yes with every other player that goes so it’ll escalate a lot more.

56 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'm not sure quoting 3 posts, mentioning Spuds, posted 3 hours apart, by 3 different posters, in a thread entitled "Other clubs transfers" is either evidence of "living rent free" nor the win you think it is. 

Ps Spurs ARE wank. ?

yeah fair enough :lol: I think I’ve just reached capacity on transfer window Twitter BS.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Don't think they will ever attempt to join the Euro competitions as it would kill their advantage of spending as much as they want on players and wages.

Think it's more likely they end up becoming the actual super league eventually,  with most of the better players going up against each other while being paid ridiculous sums of money over there.

I do wonder what the overall Saudi plan is, or whether there actually is one. The original NASL was, I think, hoping that buying big-name players at the end of their careers would build up domestic interest in the game, and lead to football competing within America with their four major sports. The game has developed slowly and steadily over time, but the 'big four' still seem secure.

The Saudis may be seeking to go one step further, and build a league that is akin in quality to the major European Leagues, or perhaps even surpass them. However, their current spending, big though it is, would be a fraction of what it would cost to do that, and it would still take a large amount of time. There's also the issue that such a league would be somewhat isolated from international competition, as the clubs would need to adhere to UEFA spending rules.

The idea that independent businesses would want to join in with the PIF seems unlikely, in that businesses seek profit. If they were able to compel those businesses, then they would become loss-making.

It's one thing to pick off top players in individual sports like golf or boxing, but taking on the biggest team sport in the world is another matter.

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

£50 million, fuck me :lol:

30 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

How much does this make Wilock worth?

Hard to say. Willock is one of a number of players who Eddie has got playing consistently at their peak. Whether he'd flourish as much elsewhere, I doubt, and I think there's some wider recognition of that. Unlike Gallagher, Willock doesn't feature in the international set up, and doesn't get linked with other clubs in transfer gossip. 

I think if they get two from McTominay, Gallagher, Ward-Prowse and Palhinha they'll have done well out of the Rice money like. They'll know they'll have to spend £5-10m over their valuations but the money they got for Rice makes it worth the push. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think if they get two from McTominay, Gallagher, Ward-Prowse and Palhinha they'll have done well out of the Rice money like. They'll know they'll have to spend £5-10m over their valuations but the money they got for Rice makes it worth the push. 

Yeah reckon? They aren’t getting Palhinha as it seems they Fulham are after daft money. The other two can’t really replace Rice for me. 

Mental. Still can’t get over the apparent ASM fee in light of these ridiculous fees for mediocre English players who just happen to be on the books of the so-called big clubs. We got Milan’s talismanic, yet to hit his prime midfielder for just a bit more. :lol:

50 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

:lol:

Just shows how one over the top transfer inflates the rest of the market.

Rice for £100 million then makes a player with half his ability £ 45 million.

And then a relegated team like Leicester or Southampton thinking they can sell their players for 30 to 50 million.

Maybe the senior pros but not kids who have played one season.

It reminds of when City chucked 45m at Kyle Walker.. all of a sudden every transfer that summer was compared to him.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

And then a relegated team like Leicester or Southampton thinking they can sell their players for 30 to 50 million.

It reminds of when City chucked 45m at Kyle Walker.. all of a sudden every transfer that summer was compared to him.

I mean, if that price for Mcsauce is really it’s clear they are trying to tax West ham, nobody is forcing them to pay it kind. 

Not sure about the rest of your points mind. 

3 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

To be honest, Walker is, and was at that time, England XI regular. 

Gallagher and McTominay are just mediocre local players that are really overpriced.

We sold Sissoko for 30 million when we went down, and he was France international. Prices have really gone up..