Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Shearer’s 283 isn’t a top flight record though, so in some ways it’s fairly irrelevant.

Obviously for headline purposes, PL is all that matters.

9 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Either way you want but if we are including Shearer’s 23 Div 1 goals then we need to include Greaves’ 357. Kane still miles off.

True, though the fact that Shearer is 5th in the all time rankings and Kane is below Tony Cottee tells its own story. 

The all time records are the only ones which really count - the PL breakaway didn’t reinvent football in 1992.  I don’t like over a century of history being rejected because Sky didn’t have the broadcast rights.  And on that list, Shearer is second to only Jimmy Greaves post-war - and Greaves might well be the greatest English centre forward of all time in any case, record or not. 

13 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder what Bayern are paying him. It sounded like he wanted megawedge from Man U. There is little risk of Kane not performing, but I suppose the SA situation changes things with high wage players. Rather than being simply stuck with them if they don't perform or cause trouble like Mane, there's Saudi you can offload them to now. 

33 minutes ago, astraguy said:

you think Kane is really going @leffe186 ? If so who'd you like to replace him?

Yeah I think so. Be more concerned about getting a couple of center-backs in. I’m not really as into general football as I used to be so I’m not sure who’s out there up front.

The Ange style lends itself to a mobile forward and out-and-out finisher so for once Kane will be less missed. Then you factor in us missing out on Europe, which seems like a real bonus. I think they might run with Richarlison and sub in people like Son and Solomon at times. 

I think they need at least one guy in up front. The ideal would be a younger English player who would have time to develop. No idea who’d fit the bill though. You’ll not get top class because no Champions League, but there should still be decent money around for wages.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah I think so. Be more concerned about getting a couple of center-backs in. I’m not really as into general football as I used to be so I’m not sure who’s out there up front.

The Ange style lends itself to a mobile forward and out-and-out finisher so for once Kane will be less missed. Then you factor in us missing out on Europe, which seems like a real bonus. I think they might run with Richarlison and sub in people like Son and Solomon at times. 

I think they need at least one guy in up front. The ideal would be a younger English player who would have time to develop. No idea who’d fit the bill though. You’ll not get top class because no Champions League, but there should still be decent money around for wages.

We've got this up and coming young lad called Jeff who's destined to be an absolute superstar.  We'd hate to let him go but if you chuck £50m our way then I'm sure a deal could be done.

13 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I wonder what Bayern are paying him. It sounded like he wanted megawedge from Man U. There is little risk of Kane not performing, but I suppose the SA situation changes things with high wage players. Rather than being simply stuck with them if they don't perform or cause trouble like Mane, there's Saudi you can offload them to now. 

I can’t see Levy selling him to a PL team directly anyway unless the money is insane, and it seems unlikely to be - Man U have already spent fortunes.

Just now, loki679 said:

We've got this up and coming young lad called Jeff who's destined to be an absolute superstar.  We'd hate to let him go but if you chuck £50m our way then I'm sure a deal could be done.

I mean, I’m out of touch with general football, but I’m not completely incompetent :lol:

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal seem to spend whatever they want, don’t remember them making much through sales either ?

Consistently spend loads. 

1) Arsenal: £-595.43m
23/24: £-182.61m
22/23: £-144.08m (2nd)
21/22: £-116.25m (5th)
20/21: £-57.14m (8th)
19/20: £-91.59m (8th

16 hours ago, Pata said:

I'm not a huge fan but the disrespect to Bayern and Bundesliga is a bit arrogant. 

Feels more like disrespect to the rest of the league, which feels fair?