Other clubs' transfers

Greg

43 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Hope they reject into oblivion

They are in danger of doing a Leicester I think. There's only a handful of clubs who can pay outrageous Fuck You FFP prices, and if they decide to go for someone else instead, that can leave you with a devastated and demotivated player on your books.

He cost them £5m and signed a new contract in Jan with no release clause. They can ask for whatever they want, unless he breaks both legs his resale value is always going to be a massive profit. Brighton recorded record profits as a club last year, absolutely no pressure to sell. 

Leicesters downfall was the transfer inflation as they became more successful - their punts became more expensive as their reputation for scouting relatively unknown gem’s increased.

When these started failing they became bloated and unable to shift them. The allowing players like Tielemans and Maddison to run contracts down wasn’t smart but only a small part of the story. 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

They are in danger of doing a Leicester I think. There's only a handful of clubs who can pay outrageous Fuck You FFP prices, and if they decide to go for someone else instead, that can leave you with a devastated and demotivated player on your books.

They are to sensible to do a Leicester. They wont go crazy with the wages like Leicester did. Who have they sold? Bissouma, Cucurella and Potter and replaced them for a low fee. Chelsea are playing a rotten game with the likes of Gallagher and I hope Brighton do the same.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think £80m is his upper limit in today’s game. Anything higher and people are paying over the odds. Football finance is so fucked anyway, its just farcical sums being thrown around 

Chelsea bought Enzo for 100m half a year ago, think Brighton would like to have the same.

25 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

They are to sensible to do a Leicester. They wont go crazy with the wages like Leicester did. Who have they sold? Bissouma, Cucurella and Potter and replaced them for a low fee. Chelsea are playing a rotten game with the likes of Gallagher and I hope Brighton do the same.

I just think £80m might be the best fee they are going to get for him, and it's not like there's loads of clubs who will get involved in an auction. But then I thought no club would be dumb enough to spunk £75m on Harry Kane with a year left on his contract but apparently Levy is reeling Bayern Munich in.

2 hours ago, brummie said:

Be a good signing for us. Him, Kyle Walker-Peters and possibly an option up front (and ideally a new second choice keeper), and we're in an exceptionally good place.

Fuck Villa.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

I just think £80m might be the best fee they are going to get for him

80m is a high fee and not many will match that, but Brighton dont really need the money and its not like this is the only chance they have to get a solid fee for him. Hes only 21. 

42 minutes ago, Pata said:

Chelsea bought Enzo for 100m half a year ago, think Brighton would like to have the same.

I think Enzo’s a far better player than Caicedo mind, but you’re probably not wrong.

42 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I think Enzo’s a far better player than Caicedo mind, but you’re probably not wrong.

Possibly but Enzo came from Benfica, Caicedo would be sold to a PL rival and is already proven in the league. I think they should be getting the same price, lot depends on Caicedo himself I guess.

The main guy behind Leicester died and the family money machine stalled. Those are the big points of imo. The rest is a consequence of all that. 

Bloom is the best owner in England.  HE Didn’t hire Ashworth by mistake.  He didn’t hire DeZerbi by mistake.  He’s the smartest operator around. As long as he’s there, Brighton will be good.