Other clubs' transfers

Greg

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Can Kane not buy his contract out for £21m and move to Bayern on a free or is that just in January?

That sounds unappealing compared to leaving on a free next summer and getting a £20m+ signing on fee, which is what I would absolutely do in his position. Bayern isn't a bad move but he can get a better league than the Bundesliga.

Just now, Kimbo said:

That sounds unappealing compared to leaving on a free next summer and getting a £20m+ signing on fee, which is what I would absolutely do in his position. Bayern isn't a bad move but he can get a better league than the Bundesliga.

Pretty sure Bayern would pay him both ? 

55 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Can Kane not buy his contract out for £21m and move to Bayern on a free or is that just in January?

Why's would you spend 21m instead of waiting a few months, getting a massive signing on fee, a huge wage rise and a league that you would clearly own

44 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Bayern isn't a bad move but he can get a better league than the Bundesliga.

:lol: the whole “Bundesliga is trash” trope is going a little too far these days. Feels like folks would put it on par with the Belgian or Swiss leagues, when it’s clearly a top tier league.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

:lol: the whole “Bundesliga is trash” trope is going a little too far these days. Feels like folks would put it on par with the Belgian or Swiss leagues, when it’s clearly a top tier league.

It's not trash, but the same club has won it 11 years in a row. If that can happen then it's fundamentally broken IMO. It's like the football equivalent to F1.

Is Kanes agent still his brother? He should be on the phone to Florentino Perez. 

To only be linked to Bayern and Man U is piss poor. Bayern is a good move  but you would hope Barca, Real or a big Italian club would also be interested. 

PL is a waste of space until Pep leaves unless City are interested.  

Levy is one stubborn SOB and I think his instinct would be to let Kane's contract run down, in the hope (unlikely, but not entirely unrealistic) that Spurs have a good season and the player will decide to stay. 

It sounds like Levy is under pressure from above to sell and replace, but how do you replace Kane?

Levy doesn't own the club, but he has always been de facto in charge. For the first time, his position is under attack, and that bodes ill for Spurs.

I like Brightons transfers and possible attack man. 

I don’t know if any of them will have elite output. But with Kudus, JP, Mitoma, Ferguson they will play some very sexy football this season.  Plus Welbeck, March and Enciso.  All of these lads can drop a shoulder, play a pass, technique pace and balance. If it clicks it will be orgasmic to watch at times. 

I think we are one player short of that type of skilful profile. I like how Brighton sign ballers.  

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Levy is one stubborn SOB and I think his instinct would be to let Kane's contract run down, in the hope (unlikely, but not entirely unrealistic) that Spurs have a good season and the player will decide to stay. 

It sounds like Levy is under pressure from above to sell and replace, but how do you replace Kane?

Levy doesn't own the club, but he has always been de facto in charge. For the first time, his position is under attack, and that bodes ill for Spurs.

He definitely thinks Kane is an idiot like. And his advisors. If I was Kane I would’ve been forced that move and made it clear as day I would not sign a new deal. 

Signing the contract was the stupid bit, what is Kane to do then down tools? He's get roasted and still with no guarantee of moving as levy may well have kept him regardless. 

You sign a dumb contract you live with the consequences hard to be sympathetic he still is clearly first on the England teamsheet and banging them in for spurs.

I imagine levy would sell if he had something lined up for a proper replacement but they are hard to come by...

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I like Brightons transfers and possible attack man. 

I don’t know if any of them will have elite output. But with Kudus, JP, Mitoma, Ferguson they will play some very sexy football this season.  Plus Welbeck, March and Enciso.  All of these lads can drop a shoulder, play a pass, technique pace and balance. If it clicks it will be orgasmic to watch at times. 

I think we are one player short of that type of skilful profile. I like how Brighton sign ballers.  

Some folks have said they will drop off like Southampton as they keep selling players. I disagree completely.

The operation and player identifying is so good that I think they'll only get better even quicker.

That Dahoud from Dortmund was another really good signing. They are going to continue to be a problem.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I also would have never have signed that contract in the first place.  

Yeah but you’re a Newcastle United fan and a bit of a blowhard :lol:. Whether you would or would not have signed it is completely irrelevant. The fact is, he did sign it. You can certainly speculate as to why, but he’s very much not an idiot.

I’m guessing that he was torn. He loves Spurs, but Man City was a fantastic opportunity. If we’d have kicked on after Poch he’d be laughing. We didn’t. Levy played hardball. 

I also don’t get the sense from Kane that he’s arsed either way. Happy to move to Munich, happy to stay with Spurs, happy to move on a free after the season, happy to extend. 

It’s mostly the face, but he gives off that “aw shucks” simpleton vibe. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Signing the contract was the stupid bit, what is Kane to do then down tools? He's get roasted and still with no guarantee of moving as levy may well have kept him regardless. 

You sign a dumb contract you live with the consequences hard to be sympathetic he still is clearly first on the England teamsheet and banging them in for spurs.

I imagine levy would sell if he had something lined up for a proper replacement but they are hard to come by...

Just make more of a fuss and turn it into a circus.  More of one. He might love Spurs but Levy doesn’t love him. Make it harder for Levy. Kane can only count on the next 3-4 years. If he cares about winning things and playing in the biggest matches consistently he needs to try and push a transfer through. 

12 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah but you’re a Newcastle United fan and a bit of a blowhard :lol:. Whether you would or would not have signed it is completely irrelevant. The fact is, he did sign it. You can certainly speculate as to why, but he’s very much not an idiot.

I’m guessing that he was torn. He loves Spurs, but Man City was a fantastic opportunity. If we’d have kicked on after Poch he’d be laughing. We didn’t. Levy played hardball. 

I think Levy thinks he’s an idiot.

From what I understand. He had a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ to be sold if a good offer came in based on a few conditions. Levy definitely made sure it wasn’t written in the contract and most certainly laughed when it was signed.  Kane doesn’t have professional representation- I’m confident Levy wanted to exploit that and he did.  

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Just make more of a fuss and turn it into a circus.  More of one. He might love Spurs but Levy doesn’t love him. Make it harder for Levy. Kane can only count on the next 3-4 years. If he cares about winning things and playing in the biggest matches consistently he needs to try and push a transfer through. 

I think Levy thinks he’s an idiot.

From what I understand. He had a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ to be sold if a good offer came in based on a few conditions. Levy definitely made sure it wasn’t written in the contract and most certainly laughed when it was signed.  Kane doesn’t have professional representation- I’m confident Levy wanted to exploit that and he did.  

Oh i meant first time round when he has years left on contract. He could surely push through transfer this time like that

32 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Signing the contract wasn't the issue, trusting Levy to honour his verbal agreement was moronic 

He should have had the clause written into his contract 

Brighton give up a lot of goals and xG for a team with 60% possession. Their xG against was the same as Brentford, who had something like 43% of the ball. Because it's xG against (i.e., chances) as well as goals conceded, you can't simply blame their keepers, who as it happens aren't very good.

Maybe there are getting caught in transitions or their renown "entice the other team's press to engage and then bam! out ball to Mitoma" type style of play carries downsides that they accept due to a risk-reward model they have. I dunno. I just wanted to say that they concede a lot for a ball hogging team, and if you want to press the point, a ball hogging team with a DM supposedly worth 100M.

Chelsea have robbed Peter to pay Paul basically. Last season they were desperate for a striker, now they have some but are left with a shit midfield. Enzo, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka are their main 3 at the moment, as far as I can see. They have 7 'keepers :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus