Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Or "How much?"

On a whim I thought 'I wonder who Del Boy supports?'

According to wikipedia: "In 'The Long Legs of the Law' he implies that he supports Chelsea."

Quelle surprise.

7 hours ago, Pata said:

They are swap deals in theory but there will be some ridiculous transfer fees getting written to the accounts.  

Yeah.

Aren't they specifically being referred to as 'separate deals' rather than swaps, mostly?

Obviously, if i swap a 20m player with you, that's one thing, but if i sell you a player for 20 and you sell me one for 20, we're both claiming the full 20 revenue in one nice immediate PSR satisfying hit whilst spreading the 20 we spent over 5 years.

I mean, it is very clever pushing money around but clubs are forced to do this because of badly thought out rules that clearly do not work.

Sawiris (our chairman) did an interview with the Torygraph the other week in which he said these rules are anti-competitive, entrench the leading clubs, and reduce football to an accountancy thing where you can't improve your team even if you have the money, and want to do so.

He's spot on. 

The sound of the PL going on about investigating 'bad faith' transfers is ridiculous. 

I mean, are they going to investigate high value sales of home grown players when it is precisely because of their own stupid rules that home grown players have become so attractive to sell?

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Yeah.

Aren't they specifically being referred to as 'separate deals' rather than swaps, mostly?

Obviously, if i swap a 20m player with you, that's one thing, but if i sell you a player for 20 and you sell me one for 20, we're both claiming the full 20 revenue in one nice immediate PSR satisfying hit whilst spreading the 20 we spent over 5 years.

I mean, it is very clever pushing money around but clubs are forced to do this because of badly thought out rules that clearly do not work.

Sawiris (our chairman) did an interview with the Torygraph the other week in which he said these rules are anti-competitive, entrench the leading clubs, and reduce football to an accountancy thing where you can't improve your team even if you have the money, and want to do so.

He's spot on. 

The sound of the PL going on about investigating 'bad faith' transfers is ridiculous. 

I mean, are they going to investigate high value sales of home grown players when it is precisely because of their own stupid rules that home grown players have become so attractive to sell?

He was absolutely spot on, let’s hope he Lawyers up and fights it. 

At the end of the day the league has had ample opportunity to create rules which are designed to create competitive balance but they refuse to do so and keep doubling down.