Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Why are they giving out contracts longer than 5 years? Didn't they close the loophole where you could amortise over 8 years etc

So surely Chelsea are worse off as they are gonna book this cost over 5 years, but have the player on for longer which is a risk if he is shit, gets injured etc

Unless I'm missing something, or they have yet another trick up their sleeve etc... 

7 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Why are they giving out contracts longer than 5 years? Didn't they close the loophole where you could amortise over 8 years etc

So surely Chelsea are worse off as they are gonna book this cost over 5 years, but have the player on for longer which is a risk if he is shit, gets injured etc

Unless I'm missing something, or they have yet another trick up their sleeve etc... 

The way I see it is, having 8 a year contracts helps keep the inflated resale value up as the have more years remaining and means players are less likely to wait out contracts expiring and leaving on a free.

Personally think signing players on high wages on 8 year contracts is a massive recipe for players regressing. They’re absolutely made as soon as this contract comes through. They don’t even need to think about playing football anymore. Unless you’re someone with an amazing attitude you can easily get warped by that contract, especially if your teammates don’t really give a shit either. They’ve got absolutely zero soul as a team, especially binning off Gallagher, just a team of overpaid mercenaries 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Personally think signing players on high wages on 8 year contracts is a massive recipe for players regressing. They’re absolutely made as soon as this contract comes through. They don’t even need to think about playing football anymore. Unless you’re someone with an amazing attitude you can easily get warped by that contract, especially if your teammates don’t really give a shit either. They’ve got absolutely zero soul as a team, especially binning off Gallagher, just a team of overpaid mercenaries 

It’s going to be a shit show in 2 to 3 seasons time. Especially as they have already sold the silver.

Edited by Hudson

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

It’s going to be a shit show in 2 to 3 seasons time. Especially as they have already sold the silver.

Aye, Boehly’s in massively over his head. When it all goes bad, it’s going to go bad very quickly 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, Boehly’s in massively over his head. When it all goes bad, it’s going to go bad very quickly 

Aye. He's a venture capitalist that doesn't have a fucking clue. 

Hope they sink like a stone. They've had it far too good over the last 20-odd years, Chelsea. Spending the GDP of a small planet and still not becoming a dominant force in world football.

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Aye. He's a venture capitalist that doesn't have a fucking clue. 

Hope they sink like a stone. They've had it far too good over the last 20-odd years, Chelsea. Spending the GDP of a small planet and still not becoming a dominant force in world football.

The last bit never crossed my mind, staggering when you think.🤔 

All this yet second part of the season they were one of the best teams in the prem. They'll eventually click and they'll be a decent outfit. Boehly hasn't got a fucking clue but they've wrapped up some serious talent and younger talent too, so which one is it

13 minutes ago, Menace said:

All this yet second part of the season they were one of the best teams in the prem. They'll eventually click and they'll be a decent outfit. Boehly hasn't got a fucking clue but they've wrapped up some serious talent and younger talent too, so which one is it

They looked good by the end of the season granted but they then fired the manager hired a novice and demanded a completely new style of play. 

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Not so sure about that with a Yes man in charge 

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

The way I see it is, having 8 a year contracts helps keep the inflated resale value up as the have more years remaining and means players are less likely to wait out contracts expiring and leaving on a free.

The long contracts are too mitigate paying high wages somewhat. They don’t pay anywhere near the basic wage for first teamers that the others do anymore. It’s why Mount and Gallagher weren’t overly keen to sign new deals and they’re hoovering up talent from midtable Euroball/lesser leagues or age based. Their wages go up 2-300% but compared to a top PL it’s nowhere near but the financial security of the long deal means they’re more inclined to sign as it’s still a huge rise compared to established pros. 

In a way it makes sense but to me it breeds complacency and I can’t wait to see it fail, again.

42 minutes ago, Disco said:

The long contracts are too mitigate paying high wages somewhat. They don’t pay anywhere near the basic wage for first teamers that the others do anymore. It’s why Mount and Gallagher weren’t overly keen to sign new deals and they’re hoovering up talent from midtable Euroball/lesser leagues or age based. Their wages go up 2-300% but compared to a top PL it’s nowhere near but the financial security of the long deal means they’re more inclined to sign as it’s still a huge rise compared to established pros. 

In a way it makes sense but to me it breeds complacency and I can’t wait to see it fail, again.

Chelsea pay nowhere near the basic wage of a top PL team? I genuinely don’t believe that, unless you only mean Man City, Man U and Arsenal. Might be paying them less than they used to, but it’s still comparable surely?

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Chelsea pay nowhere near the basic wage of a top PL team? I genuinely don’t believe that, unless you only mean Man City, Man U and Arsenal. Might be paying them less than they used to, but it’s still comparable surely?

Those three aye. That’s who they measure themselves against Id imagine. It’s nowt like what they used to be. Most of the new lads are rumoured to be on £100-120k max.

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

The likes of Fernandes and Caicedo have to be on a canny wedge, surely? I'd be pretty pissed off with my agent if a club signed me for that much and I'm making less than I would at an Arsenal or Man Utd. 

Their fifty thousand Brazilians and talents from around Europe is probably different mind.

They’ll have still doubled at least their wages, if not more given how recently they’d arrived from South America, and it’s guaranteed for 8 years at least. Security is a big thing.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The likes of Fernandes and Caicedo have to be on a canny wedge, surely? I'd be pretty pissed off with my agent if a club signed me for that much and I'm making less than I would at an Arsenal or Man Utd. 

Their fifty thousand Brazilians and talents from around Europe is probably different mind.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Those three aye. That’s who they measure themselves against Id imagine. It’s nowt like what they used to be. Most of the new lads are rumoured to be on £100-120k max.

Yeah but they used to pay silly money. 100-120K is certainly comparable for new, younger players, surely?