Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 minutes ago, Deuce said:

:lol: I think some have convinced themselves that literally anything would be an improvement on Almiron/Murphy, which is totally detached from reality. 

...So are you saying Chiesa wouldn't have been up upgrade? 

ef8.jpg

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I'd have taken a punt on him. Might never be good enough for the Premier League but we could have always loaned him out and probably recouped the money for him.

Lots of talent in the EFL that we seemingly haven't had the nous to tap yet. Palace are a good example of utilising it.

Suggesting spending money we don't have on someone probably not good enough to replace the two rw this forum despises really does sum up the mental takes recently 

16 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Suggesting spending money we don't have on someone probably not good enough to replace the two rw this forum despises really does sum up the mental takes recently 

eh :lol: who said anything about replacing or making him our starting RW? I assumed he was a striker anyway tbf. 

Just saying there’s a bunch of talented youngsters playing in the football league that we should utilise the future if we can. They won’t all work out but you’re more or less able to make your money back on the inbetweeners anyway - the Dwight Gayle’s of this world.

Villa fans probably thought the same about Rogers in January too, now look. Same with Wharton at Palace. 

6 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

eh :lol: who said anything about replacing or making him our starting RW? I assumed he was a striker anyway tbf. 

Just saying there’s a bunch of talented youngsters playing in the football league that we should utilise the future if we can. They won’t all work out but you’re more or less able to make your money back on the inbetweeners anyway - the Dwight Gayle’s of this world.

Villa fans probably thought the same about Rogers in January too, now look. Same with Wharton at Palace. 

So buying a striker probably not good enough is better :lol:

34 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

So buying a striker probably not good enough is better :lol:

I think you know what I mean. These type of signings are relatively low risk in terms of PSR with a high upside. Obviously for every Eze there could be a Lewis-Potter, but there’s talent in the football league (available for peanuts in relative terms) that we should utilise to either help out on the pitch or to try ‘do a Minteh’ with. 

9 minutes ago, Collage said:

Chiesa :( 13m Euros is a great price

This is all still very upsetting :lol:

And can't even be keen on following him anymore either now that he'll be turning out for the red sect.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Chiesa will have an amazing start, score five goals in seven games, get injured, return from injury, have a quiet few games, get injured again, never make it back into the squad, sold to Toronto FC ahead of the 26/27 season.

It’s like we’re in the Matrix, this seems inevitable.