Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Koeman must have really f***ed Messi off like :lol:

Koeman told him his influence and privileges with the team have stopped.

So if Messi wins this battle, does that pretty much mean Koeman has lost both the Barcelona and Netherlands job? Did he sign the official contract with Barcelona?

I don’t see how the president leaves? Him and his team have to pay off the clubs debt out of their own pocket should he resign now - can he effectively go on gardening leave and pave the way for a temporary government so to speak?

I didn't know that the president and his team have to pay off the clubs debt if he resigns. But if he steps down next year, does that mean he is still accountable for the debts or he is excused as it is the end of the term?

So if Messi wins this battle, does that pretty much mean Koeman has lost both the Barcelona and Netherlands job? Did he sign the official contract with Barcelona?

I don’t see how the president leaves? Him and his team have to pay off the clubs debt out of their own pocket should he resign now - can he effectively go on gardening leave and pave the way for a temporary government so to speak?

I didn't know that the president and his team have to pay off the clubs debt if he resigns. But if he steps down next year, does that mean he is still accountable for the debts or he is excused as it is the end of the term?

Didn't know that either but guess it explains the Pjanic deal as they were saying that was done purely to balance the books.

You basically have to leave the club in profit or at break even - if you have made a loss, then you have to pay that off out of your own pocket - these are the rules - which is the reason why Barca are in disarray - the President has nowhere to go

You basically have to leave the club in profit or at break even - if you have made a loss, then you have to pay that off out of your own pocket - these are the rules - which is the reason why Barca are in disarray - the President has nowhere to go

Makes sense. But what happens next year then. Isn't there some election in Feb. Does the club have to break even by then? Surely that is not happening given the debts.

Yeah, that's how it works. At the end of the board's tenure (whether they quit or they serve the full term) they have to pony up the difference if the club has lost money since they took over. Now, given Covid, that would be impossible, so the president needs the extra year to avoid bankrupting himself.

The rule was put there to make the board manage the club responsibly, since they are not the clubs owners and thus not liable like a club owner would be. But it's probably too blunt.

Makes sense. But what happens next year then. Isn't there some election in Feb. Does the club have to break even by then? Surely that is not happening given the debts.

If they manage to get cash for Messi plus getting his humongous contract off the books, that would probably go a long way to sort it out.

They have insurance, mind, they wouldn't be ponying up the full amount themselves (we're talking millions of €). But they are not millionaires.

If they manage to get cash for Messi plus getting his humongous contract off the books, that would probably go a long way to sort it out.

They have insurance, mind, they wouldn't be ponying up the full amount themselves (we're talking millions of €). But they are not millionaires.

would this pay off losses thing still apply given the amount of money being lost due to covid-19? Sure they have screwed up royally but they can hardly be blamed for that loss of income

Froggy will be happy to know that the Argie outlet that broke the Messi news now claims his dad (and rep) is in talks with ManU.

I'm going back to the booze.

Froggy is not happy to know this.

On the way one hand, it's Lionel Messi. On the other... shattered wage structure, he's 33, Greenwood not getting a game for 2 years etc.

I genuinely don't want him, but I do want to see him in the Premier League. :lol:

Got a massive feeling Messi wouldnt be as good in Premier League. Not based on any evidence.

Will do well compared to most of the leagues cloggers, but see it being more like Zola's time at Chelsea...lots of skill and good moments, but not masses and masses of goals

I genuinely don't want him.

What a moron.

£1m a week for a 33 year old?

How long does Messi have left at the top? 2 years? Is he guaranteed to be a success at this age in England? He was absolutely pathetic against Bayern. He gave up after the first few goals. Sulked about on the pitch. At the age and finances involved it's a risky signing.

Bit stupid of you Neesy. Logic prevails though.