Other clubs' transfers

Greg

wait theres apparently a clause in his contract allowing him to terminate it at the end of a season if he wants? What sort of moron do you have to be to put that kind of clause into of all players Messi's contract

Well he can leave on a free next season so they'll need to decide whether they want to a transfer fee for him.

Surely after all he’s done for the club if he’s asked to leave they should just let him walk away. They would be saving about 25m a year on his salary I would imagine

About £35m a year (maybe slightly more)

Guest neesy111

Well he can leave on a free next season so they'll need to decide whether they want to a transfer fee for him.

Surely after all he’s done for the club if he’s asked to leave they should just let him walk away. They would be saving about 25m a year on his salary I would imagine

About £35m a year (maybe slightly more)

Google says £24m.  Although they are on 30% wages since the start of the pandemic.

I sort of wish he’d left earlier. I think Ronaldo edges it in terms of who is the GOAT as he’s done it across leagues instead of one entire club philosophy built around him.

I can’t see him choosing England with the pace of the league unless Pep could convince him? It’s going to be PSG isn’t it?

I sort of wish he’d left earlier. I think Ronaldo edges it in terms of who is the GOAT as he’s done it across leagues instead of one entire club philosophy built around him.

I can’t see him choosing England with the pace of the league unless Pep could convince him? It’s going to be PSG isn’t it?

Inter Milan they reckon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53911105

Forward Lionel Messi has asked to leave Spanish giants Barcelona this summer.

The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Barca were beaten 8-2 by Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals on 16 August.

The six-time Ballon d'Or winner made his debut for Barca in 2004 and has won the Champions League four times.

Barcelona, though, believe the clause has now expired and Messi is contracted to the club until 2021 with a 700m euro buy-out clause.

The board will meet soon and the only thing that could placate Messi is the resignation of the president and early elections.

More to follow.

Messi rocking it old school with the communication method. He should have sent a telegram or maybe even a message carrying pigeon.

Torn between whether I want him to stay or go. Can't imagine him anywhere else but there's definite curiosity - like a real life fantasy football.

Juventus with Ronaldo? In England with Man City? Players seem attracted to Inter Milan, for some reason.

Big story.

wait theres apparently a clause in his contract allowing him to terminate it at the end of a season if he wants? What sort of moron do you have to be to put that kind of clause into of all players Messi's contract

Because he wouldn't have signed it otherwise