Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I honestly wouldn’t even swap Bruce for Solskjaer. It’s bizarre that he even has a job in the premier league, nevermind at Man Utd, spending massive money and in charge of some seriously talented players.

woah woah woah

I get we only signed Carroll because he's a "Lercal Lad" but if we were willing to sign him on a free from West Ham, Wilshere would still be our best midfielder for the 15 games a year he'd play.

He really wouldn't. Even when he played he was shit.

I honestly wouldn’t even swap Bruce for Solskjaer. It’s bizarre that he even has a job in the premier league, nevermind at Man Utd, spending massive money and in charge of some seriously talented players.

It's mad that any respectable club went for Solskjaer, never mind Man Utd. Some managers start low and quickly rise up, some go back and forth between Molde and Cardiff because they're shite.

Was last season OGS’s ‘Brucey moment’ and this season will really highlight his flaws?

Seems to be assembling a random team of misfits too.

Solskjaer shattered numerous records the season before last and then finished third last year. Bit sad he's still not getting any credit.

I mean you had 3 very good strikers on the books and signed a £60m midfielder in January to play with your £80m & £40m midfielders (idk exact prices) and score loads of dodgy penalties the 3 forwards won. It's not a sustainable gameplan imo; José showed you proper management on Sunday, they'd have dicked you off the pitch without the sending off.

You'll beat your fair share of tripe in the league and win the odd "big" game but stop deluding yourself Nostaljaer will get you challenging, if you indeed are. And if you're not as a manyoo fan you should be wanting him replaced surely, given the standards the club has maintained over the last 30 years or whatever.

There are clear issues at the back but a better coach gets more out of them imo.

Bruno - £47.5m so you're miles off with that to start. Pogba and Matic aren't his players, and both looked completely done at the club until he came in and revitalised both. Already completely debunked the dodgy penalty myth too. 14 penalties, 12 stonewall, 1 dubious but not a clear and obvious error and 1 that absolutely shouldn't have been given.

You're saying winning penalties due to our forwards being brought down isn't a viable game plan, but you do realise if they weren't brought down they'd be scoring? Absolutely hilarious you're saying Jose showed us proper management, as if the last few years haven't existed. We never got beat 1-6 under Jose but we played much, much worse than we did at the weekend. We are far more competitive in the league under Solskjaer than Mourinho. The start of this season has been poor but it's going to be a funny season. We shipped 6 to Spurs and were down to 10 men for 4 of them. Liverpool shipped 7 to Villa 11 vs. 11. Klopp out?

Also, I can only assume you mean Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as the 3 very good strikers on our books? Greenwood was brought through by Solskjaer for a start, and under Ole, Martial and Rashford had their best seasons in a red shirt by an absolute mile. Again, Ole gets zero credit for that.

Solskjaer has done a great job so far. Until an elite level coach becomes available I'm more than happy with him. I certainly wouldn't be swapping him for Poch, who's best achievement was leading Spurs to second place. It would be a sideways move based on their achievements in the Premier League.

:lol: i mean i'm kind of on the wind up and would sort of agree with this, but that "great job" imo amounted to letting the attackers run riot and would reiterate it's probably not sustainable, you'll get done by cannier, more tactical managers as you saw on Sunday...you'll likely have enough firepower to beat the s**** and stay in top 4 contention

Jose had a s**** time at your place but he's on a redemption arc now btw, #teamjose

What you saw on Sunday was a freak show.

Jose did indeed have a s*** time at us. £400m on players. Sacked after shipping 36 shots to Liverpool while we were languishing in 6th place. Ole came in, got us 3rd. No credit.

He absolutely deserves credit but the way he did it leaves him open to questions imo, same as the "amazing" job Bruce did when all of us can see what the likely outcome is.

Funny you've said Sunday was a freak while picking a random example of José to prove some point.

Guess we can chat more shit when Nostaljaer wins you a Europa League trophy.

Would be a huge coup for whoever gets him

Grujic and Wilson from Liverpool are available too

RE Saliba - what have Arsenal being doing with this guy since pre season? Surely before deadline day they must have known if he was ready or not for them?

Guest neesy111

Cádiz signed a youngster called Francisco Franco yesterday. He's a striker, so I'm certain hell have that killer instinct.

Good at dictating their attacks as well.

Was last season OGS’s ‘Brucey moment’ and this season will really highlight his flaws?

Solskjaer shattered numerous records the season before last and then finished third last year. Bit sad he's still not getting any credit.

I mean you had 3 very good strikers on the books and signed a £60m midfielder in January to play with your £80m & £40m midfielders (idk exact prices) and score loads of dodgy penalties the 3 forwards won. It's not a sustainable gameplan imo; José showed you proper management on Sunday, they'd have dicked you off the pitch without the sending off.

You'll beat your fair share of tripe in the league and win the odd "big" game but stop deluding yourself Nostaljaer will get you challenging, if you indeed are. And if you're not as a manyoo fan you should be wanting him replaced surely, given the standards the club has maintained over the last 30 years or whatever.

There are clear issues at the back but a better coach gets more out of them imo.

Bruno - £47.5m so you're miles off with that to start. Pogba and Matic aren't his players, and both looked completely done at the club until he came in and revitalised both. Already completely debunked the dodgy penalty myth too. 14 penalties, 12 stonewall, 1 dubious but not a clear and obvious error and 1 that absolutely shouldn't have been given.

You're saying winning penalties due to our forwards being brought down isn't a viable game plan, but you do realise if they weren't brought down they'd be scoring? Absolutely hilarious you're saying Jose showed us proper management, as if the last few years haven't existed. We never got beat 1-6 under Jose but we played much, much worse than we did at the weekend. We are far more competitive in the league under Solskjaer than Mourinho. The start of this season has been poor but it's going to be a funny season. We shipped 6 to Spurs and were down to 10 men for 4 of them. Liverpool shipped 7 to Villa 11 vs. 11. Klopp out?

Also, I can only assume you mean Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as the 3 very good strikers on our books? Greenwood was brought through by Solskjaer for a start, and under Ole, Martial and Rashford had their best seasons in a red shirt by an absolute mile. Again, Ole gets zero credit for that.

Solskjaer has done a great job so far. Until an elite level coach becomes available I'm more than happy with him. I certainly wouldn't be swapping him for Poch, who's best achievement was leading Spurs to second place. It would be a sideways move based on their achievements in the Premier League.

Out of interest on the penalties, how do you classify the one where you got one for Bruno Fernandes standing on Esri Konsa?

That was a laughably poor decision.

Guest Cheesy Beans

:lol: i mean i'm kind of on the wind up and would sort of agree with this, but that "great job" imo amounted to letting the attackers run riot and would reiterate it's probably not sustainable, you'll get done by cannier, more tactical managers as you saw on Sunday...you'll likely have enough firepower to beat the s**** and stay in top 4 contention

Jose had a s**** time at your place but he's on a redemption arc now btw, #teamjose

What you saw on Sunday was a freak show.

Jose did indeed have a s*** time at us. £400m on players. Sacked after shipping 36 shots to Liverpool while we were languishing in 6th place. Ole came in, got us 3rd. No credit.

Jose took a worse Man Utd side to 2nd, won a European trophy & domestic cup.

Yet you’re suggesting OGS has done a better job? :lol:

Out of interest on the penalties, how do you classify the one where you got one for Bruno Fernandes standing on Esri Konsa?

That was a laughably poor decision.

Awful decision. Of course it wasn't a penalty.