Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just bear in mind 

figures yet to include new Messi contract (I reckon at least 30m a year)

Griezemanns contract means he gets a decent salary increase every year 

Coutinho (enough said)

They basically need to restructure their debts which I thought Laporta had done 

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They’re clearly in the shit yet go handing out huge contracts to the likes of Depay & Aguero. If they’re skint, don’t sign anyone, sell players, use their B team players in the first team squad.

Don't think they gave huge contracts to either. Aguero is on 6m a year after being on 23m a year at Man City. Juve offered more to Depay and Wijnaldum turned them down because PSG offered far more

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

Don't think they gave huge contracts to either. Aguero is on 6m a year after being on 23m a year at Man City. Juve offered more to Depay and Wijnaldum turned them down because PSG offered far more

The issue is that 6m a year is still 6m that they shouldn’t be offering/paying, seeing as they have to save hundreds of millions off the wage bill. It’s a hell of a lot more than tying a youth player down for that position, which they should be doing whilst in the financial position they’re in. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

The issue is that 6m a year is still 6m that they shouldn’t be offering/paying, seeing as they have to save hundreds of millions off the wage bill. It’s a hell of a lot more than tying a youth player down for that position, which they should be doing whilst in the financial position they’re in. 

Wonder if there's a date by which they've got to be under and what the punishments are.  NFL teams do this, run heavy over the salary cap but as long as they squeak under it by a certain date no bother.  Standard practice really.

52 minutes ago, triggs said:

I’d be surprised if they’re on less than £10m a year between them, as well as similar sign-on fees. That’s huge when in the situation they’re in.

Pure Brighton that transfer.

Never heard of them

Second rate league

Lower FIFA ranking nation

Will take time to settle

Surely his new nickname should be Powelly.

On 06/07/2021 at 12:54, joeyt said:

His nickname is apparently 'The Computer' which is up there with one of the worst nicknames I can remember

Will always be a nickname the commentator (Tyler or Darke) made up during the 1995 Copa America for me.

In a Venezuela match whoever it was said of Venezuela striker Dolgetta "they call him 'Dolgetta the Gol Getter'" even at 14/15 I thought "bullshit - that that would translate into Spanish and rhyme"

Courtesy of google translate "the Goal Getter" = "El conseguidor de goles"  "Dolgeta El consequidor de goles" doesn't have the same ring to it

Edited by Wolfcastle