Other clubs' transfers

Greg

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We're in agreement then. Don't think players should be so hasty to move just to 'win things'. Only move if you know you're going to be one of the main guys. Otherwise have a great career at the club you're at and you never know what might happen. The boys at Leicester that have ended up playing a part in winning that title and also winning the FA Cup this past season will be remembered forever for such great achievements.

I don’t think either Kane or Grealish have been hasty in their moves like.

Both have been linked away for years. Grealish was linked away to a top 6 club from Villa when they were relegated.

They’ve both given a lot to their clubs and it wouldn’t be a surprise at all if they felt they deserved the opportunity to win major honours. We’re not talking about players who have broke into the first team for a season - they’ve been top players for some time.

Both of them are talented enough to be starting every week too. They’ll also have faith in their own abilities and I doubt either of them are signing on expecting to be on the bench.

36 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t think either Kane or Grealish have been hasty in their moves like.

Both have been linked away for years. Grealish was linked away to a top 6 club from Villa when they were relegated.

They’ve both given a lot to their clubs and it wouldn’t be a surprise at all if they felt they deserved the opportunity to win major honours. We’re not talking about players who have broke into the first team for a season - they’ve been top players for some time.

Both of them are talented enough to be starting every week too. They’ll also have faith in their own abilities and I doubt either of them are signing on expecting to be on the bench.

The context of my posts on the matter were in response to gjohnson's thoughts on Grealish. And so I don't disagree with you.

Mad that so many English clubs sell young players for next to nothing and then buy them back (or someone else does) for tens of millions more.

De Bruyne, Salah, Sancho, Pogba, Ake all just off the top of my head/recent.

Are other top European clubs the same? 

On 28/06/2021 at 13:22, Optimistic Nut said:

Grealish replacement? They could probably put that same £30m in front of us for ASM and the club would snap their hands off.

No. If there was going to be a Grealish replacement (and there won't, as he won't be leaving) it would have been Buendia.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

No. If there was going to be a Grealish replacement (and there won't, as he won't be leaving) it would have been Buendia.

Where does the interest in Smith-Rowe come from? Planning to play all three? 

On 28/06/2021 at 12:33, joeyt said:

Villa have upped their Smith Rowe bid to £30mil

I don't understand what we are trying to do with this.

It sounds like a highly unlikely transfer, but I don't think we'd be bothering if we hadn't had encouragement (and I don't think it is his agent pushing his wages negotiation).

I also find it hard to believe we are just doing it to troll Arsenal (annoying entitled bell ends that they are)

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

As of 7 mins ago 

worst thing is that his wiki page will, infuriatingly, look like:

2004-2021    Barcelona

2021-             Barcelona

Edited by Tomato Deuce

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

With Varane. if they can sign an elite CM I think they could very well challenge.

Yep. Sancho and Varane would be amazing business. Assume they'd have to ditch one of the squad midfielders to bring in a new CM though?

Imagine what they could do if covid hadn't hit and the ESL hadn't fallen through. 

I hate the PL. Utterly pointless now the "BIG 6" are just throwing the cash around again.