Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

willock + £9m though. Worth the risk.

Willock was the better player last season in a worse team tbf.

Arsenal shouldn’t be taking risks, they should be buying proven quality. The fact they are taking these risks is what has put them in this position with such an average squad now.

On 20/08/2021 at 10:10, mrmojorisin75 said:

He might turn out to be amazing but £34m based on what he's produced so far in his career is steep imo

He's captain of his national side, and he's only 22. That national side is Norway, sure, but still. Did amazing at Sociedad, voted player of the month two times by Arsenal fans when he was there. He's clearly appreciated by the people at the club's he's played and at the price they got him it's a steal. 

Edited by Kaizero

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

Arsenal has spent amazing money to barely move forward from last season mind. 

Looks like they are targeting young players and taking a more long term approach now. Short term I can't see much improvement mind. 

I'm not convinced by Arteta though, initially looked like he had made them a stronger unit and defensively much more organised but alot of that has gone out of the window. Still look weak and soft and abit boring with no cutting edge in attack. White may be a good defender but he's not what they needed imo, or at least they need someone very physically dominant alongside him like a Koulibaly type.

It's hard to sell a longer term approach to fans when there's no noticeable signs of improvement or philosophy being instilled. And after spending £130m there's only going to be more pressure on him now. 

Rafa would have been great for them. 

8 hours ago, Kaizero said:

He's captain of his national side, and he's only 22. That national side is Norway, sure, but still. Did amazing at Sociedad, voted player of the month two times by Arsenal fans when he was there. He's clearly appreciated by the people at the club's he's played and at the price they got him it's a steal

i - i mean sure :lol:

b - it's potentially a steal, i'll give you that, if he starts to produce

from the outside looking in he just looks like another player that they already have, not a proper CM, not a classic striker, not a classic winger...if arteta's idea is to go mini pep and just play a team of AM's then fair enough 

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

i - i mean sure :lol:

b - it's potentially a steal, i'll give you that, if he starts to produce

from the outside looking in he just looks like another player that they already have, not a proper CM, not a classic striker, not a classic winger...if arteta's idea is to go mini pep and just play a team of AM's then fair enough 

He's a #10, not sure how many Arsenal got of them but if they have many then sure. He played there all matches he was fit when loaned out though so he gets to play his preferred position at Arsenal as well.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Froggy said:

He can though. :lol: every team in the world wants him. It's up to him what he wants to be paid. 

He has contract with Juventus.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Would you have him back as your number 9?

Nah. Too expensive and it would push guys like Greenwood to the side.

I've no doubt we'd go for him if he wanted to come back though.