Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't hate Brummie or Villa, but I do hate Gerrard, somewhat unreasonably. It's that effing Liverpool connection. 

I’m the other way. Had a lot of respect for Gerrard towards the end of his career, he has taken to management really well and I have warmed to Liverpool over the years.

Brummie seems a top lad, of course. But I have been to Villa park about 5-6 times, I reckon. Always been pretty hostile and I still to this day don’t understand it. 

The way they went on when we got relegated. Etched in my mind forever. 

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s the polar opposite to Howe, I think he’s more of a motivator rather than an innovator, but will surround himself with the right people behind him to do that kind of stuff. 

I did read somewhere that supposedly he is the figurehead. But he has a really decent coaching setup and backroom staff. 

Guest HTT II
27 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I did read somewhere that supposedly he is the figurehead. But he has a really decent coaching setup and backroom staff. 

Aye, I would have been happy with him here tbh, he wouldn’t have been my first choice, I’m happy with Howe though.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I don't hate Brummie or Villa, but I do hate Gerrard, somewhat unreasonably. It's that effing Liverpool connection. 

TBH until he turned up at our place, I hated him too.

Mind you, I hated John Terry even more, but by the time he left, I had nothing but respect for him. He was brilliant for us in every way.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Villa want Bissouma. That’d be a great buy.

Still on bail and under investigation for sexual assault, and also away at AFCON. Don’t want him this window at least, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Villa want Bissouma. That’d be a great buy.

I hope we go in for him, however I think if Villa are in for him then the likes of city and Liverpool who have been linked may make a move.

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

What is it with Villa this transfer window? Did they get taken over by some sovereign state or something? Seem to be splashing the cash

We've got the third or fourth richest owners in the league. They had to spend a ton of cash just to dig us out of the shit and get us back up.

Our ability to spend isn't so much limited by the cash in the bank, it's FFP, but they seem to be finding a way around it. 

Although to be fair, also we've got an excellent youth system in place so it's not all about money.

Jacob Ramsey being the latest example - plus the youth product we sold for 100m recently (name escapes me).

Edited by brummie

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

What is it with Villa this transfer window? Did they get taken over by some sovereign state or something? Seem to be splashing the cash

They’ve spent loads for the past two or three years iirc. Watkins, Mings, Wesley, Traore, Buendia, Bailey, Ings have all been hefty fees. 

Edited by Manxst

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I hope we go in for him, however I think if Villa are in for him then the likes of city and Liverpool who have been linked may make a move.

I hope we are not in for him - the legal nastiness is proper nasty, that would need to be cleared up first.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I'm not sure who posted it, a lad at work showed me on twitter, but someone had posted over a week ago that Everton wanted Longstaff and had held talks. 

Same person, according to same lad at work, had posted today that we'd been in contact with Brighton over Bissouma. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fair point, I assumed as he’s been playing it must have been sorted ?

He was on police bail, but been released from that in order to travel- he was due to answer bail again this month. He’s still under investigation though. 

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

We've got the third or fourth richest owners in the league. They had to spend a ton of cash just to dig us out of the shit and get us back up.

Our ability to spend isn't so much limited by the cash in the bank, it's FFP, but they seem to be finding a way around it. 

Although to be fair, also we've got an excellent youth system in place so it's not all about money.

Jacob Ramsey being the latest example - plus the youth product we sold for 100m recently (name escapes me).

:yikes:

Edit: doh :lol:

grealish-aston.gif

Edited by Unbelievable

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

A bit like those “ways around” FFP that escaped punishment in the EFL on a technicality? :bluestar:

2 minutes ago, duo said:

I still can't believe Insigne has gone to Toronto - quality player still in his prime.  Would have loved him at Newcastle.

Hadn't heard about that at all, fucking hell, that's bowled me over.