Other clubs' transfers

Greg

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Never seen anyone with such touch and awareness as Zidane.

Not that I can really remember the details, but he’s like a ballet dancer and matador combined, almost never gives the ball away or makes a mistake. 

Iniesta is probably my favourite ever player though, the combination of movement with the ball and passing and finishing is very, very rare. 

It was the acceleration too. He'd just draw players in then leave them for dead.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:kinnear:

A good number of my Gooner mates/family would agree. He could do everything Vieira could do.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder how it might have panned out for Gullit if he had managed to get him in. Him & Hamann as a midfield two, fucking hell. :lol:

Aye we’d have gotten to enjoy it for all of 9 months!

Hamann might have stayed longer had there not been so much shit going on in the dressing room. He was given a copy of Mein Kampf as a Christmas present by the “lads” - top banter..

Think that was the same year that either Pistone or Domi was given a sheeps heart, to suggest the player had no heart for the rough and tumble of the premier league..

There was more too, can’t remember right now.

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Aye we’d have gotten to enjoy it for all of 9 months!

Hamann might have stayed longer had there not been so much shit going on in the dressing room. He was given a copy of Mein Kampf as a Christmas present by the “lads” - top banter..

Think that was the same year that either Pistone or Domi was given a sheeps heart, to suggest the player had no heart for the rough and tumble of the premier league..

There was more too, can’t remember right now.

:lol: Fucking hell. How have I either not heard of these presents before or forgotten them?

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder how it might have panned out for Gullit if he had managed to get him in. Him & Hamann as a midfield two, fucking hell. :lol:

What!? I had no idea we were in for him. I loved Rui Costa like, he'd be dragging Wolves to 4th if he was playing today.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

If we want to talk about under-rated then Robert Lee has got to be up there. One of the best in our best teams in living memory, but never gets mentioned at all.

He was the Lampard of his day.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Wanted to say exactly this, but some people just look at the numbers

His numbers for a CM in his day were great, and he could defend too. Arguably pound for pound the best ever signing in our history.

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

His numbers for a CM in his day were great, and he could defend too. Arguably pound for pound the best ever signing in our history.

700K for ten years service half of which were in top 6 teams. Can't argue with that...would be looking at 50-60m for that kind of service now.

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

700K for ten years service half of which were in top 6 teams. Can't argue with that...would be looking at 50-60m for that kind of service now.

I'd put him on par, if not better, with Rice who'll eventually go for a lot more than £60 million.

Great, great player. 

Edited by macphisto

25 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

For overrated.

Got a brilliant right foot, but he's not a good defender.

stats like this are nonsense though. he's played pretty much every game this season, in a team that has a ton of possession, where a lot of the play goes down his side. not to mention he's on set pieces. so naturally he's going to have a lot of touches that end up as "lost possession".