Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What? A season-long loan or Coady. Am I completely out of the loop, why is that an attractive offer for Wolves?

Yeah I find it strange.

I can only think that it's a good will thing because he's a long time servant who wants to play football in Liverpool at the end of his career.

He will be a major loss to them, on and off the pitch.

I'd have had Coady over Lascelles :lol:

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What? A season-long loan or Coady. Am I completely out of the loop, why is that an attractive offer for Wolves?

Large is trying to convert them to 4 at the back and Coady seems incapable of playing in a two..

I know he's a great dude and all but to be deemed a luxury defender should be the biggest insult in football.

How many more CB plodders does Lampard need though?

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They played four at the back with new signing Collins and Kilman. Coady more suited to a five at the back formation. Have Boly and couple of youngsters too. Probably would like to keep him as a backup but allow him to go to another club as a thank you for his time at Wolves maybe?

Edited by Pata

Just now, junkhead said:

Large is trying to convert them to 4 at the back and Coady seems incapable of playing in a two..

I know he's a great dude and all but to be deemed a luxury defender should be the biggest insult in football.

Even though it basically rules out any decent football for Everton, I think having Coady and Tarkowski at least allows them to defend properly.

They don't have the players to attempt to play football this year, so it looks as though they have gone for the defensive options.

It's grim but I can see the logic.

3 minutes ago, junkhead said:

They lost Godfrey to a serious injury and Mina had to be subbed off too due to an injury. Keane seems to be completely out of picture now after the terrible season he had.

Just now, Pata said:

They played four at the back with new signing Collins and Kilman. Have Boly and couple of youngsters too. Probably would like to keep him as a backup but allow him to go to another club as a thank you for his time at Wolves maybe? Maybe more suited to a five at the back formation too.

Yeah i think Lampard plays a back 5 too. Everton won't be as easy to beat this year but are going to struggle massively for goals. They are effectively Burnley now.

Just now, Pata said:

They lost Godfrey to a serious injury and Mina had to be subbed off too due to an injury. Keane seems to be completely out of picture now after the terrible season he had.

Keane has been a terrible signing for them. They kept persisting with him too.

I doubt he will be there come September. Will end up in the champo or at forest :lol:

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah i think Lampard plays a back 5 too. Everton won't be as easy to beat this year but are going to struggle massively for goals. They are effectively Burnley now.

Effectively Burnley and in need of a striker you say? Perhaps this is our chance to get rid of Wood and sign the golden boot winner Weghorst

Just now, geordie_b said:

Effectively Burnley and in need of a striker you say? Perhaps this is our chance to get rid of Wood and sign the golden boot winner Weghorst

You laugh but I could absolutely see Wood at Everton. Sadly that would leave us even more in need of a striker.

5 hours ago, Decky said:

Man United are a complete shambles if they're seriously going for him. The fuck is going on? Thats something we'd have done under Ashley in pure desperation. :lol: It really looks like more of the same from them this season if not worse. 

What’s Shefki Kuqi up to these days?

47 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

What’s Shefki Kuqi up to these days?

I got his autobiography as a prize for being the best defender on a 5-a-side tournament few years ago. :cool: Only read the Newcastle chapter and the cunt was very complimentary of Pardew.

35996579._UY418_SS418_.jpg

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, STM said:

Even though it basically rules out any decent football for Everton, I think having Coady and Tarkowski at least allows them to defend properly.

They don't have the players to attempt to play football this year, so it looks as though they have gone for the defensive options.

It's grim but I can see the logic.

Coady's actually really good at distributing the ball from the back in a back three. Looks like Lampard is using that back three setup at Everton this season so it makes sense.

Edited by KaKa

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

I wouldn't describe it as nuclear. It's just dejection. I think I just sighed loudly and thought to myself, "so this is how it is now."

You signed Cristiano Ronaldo last season get a grip 

There was a infographic floating around six month back that indicated Coady and Schaar to two of the weakest CBs in the league. (Rather weak by this one metric.)  Both were outliers in the bottom left hand corner of the chart. In Schaar case, it was IMO Bruce trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Maybe Lampard knows what he is doing…

Edited by gazza ladra