Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Nico going on loan to Valencia. He was outstanding last season given his age, but he tended to be the one dropped when our midfield was healthy. Since Valencia are being stripped for parts, I guess he'll get a decent amount of playing time there.

I'm a bit nervous about this because these developmental loans never never seem to work for us, and he's a good talent and a natural Busquets replacement.

6 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

PSG adopting the Chelsea model of flogging fringe youngsters to fund their wider spending. Figured they had to rein it in at some point after their free agent frenzy last summer.

33 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think people are just playing chicken with Leicester on price?

Are Leicester in a position to play chicken 

Every club should just let it ride out 

see if their arse drops on deadline day 

if they need to sell , they need to sell 

if not , let the players run down their contracts and let Leicester suffer needing the money 

Edited by JonBez comesock

Someone is going to get a bargain in Tyrone Mings. Before you all start booting off, I'm not saying he's a great player but he is a good player and I'd bet my left bollock that Gerrard is trying to get him out of the door.

He will end up at Fulham or Brentford or somewhere and put in better performances than any of the other Villa defenders under Gerrard.

11 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Big opportunity for Burn.

I was think about this the other day, as Stones is the guaranteed starter, but for the other position there is not really anyone else who is on form other then Burn.

Coady, Tarkowski, Maguire, Mings, White, Jones, are all either massively out of form, or permacrocks. 

Maguire for England is still usually the same player that's made him a guaranteed starter when I've seen him. Not sure how long he'll be 2 different players for club and country though 

Edited by Kid Icarus

17 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Big opportunity for Burn.

We expect Burn to keep Botman out of the side for much longer? I thought he was excellent at the beginning of his time here and then towards the end he started feeling like the weakest link in the backline so was very happy we signed Botman. That being said he was excellent at the weekend and if he keeps performing like that Botman will have trouble to break into the team .

I wonder how much of a say Cooper is having in some of these transfers, it seems like such a scatter gun approach. I can't see them playing 2 up top and then having Lingard & Johnson in the side as well, so that makes one of Dennis & Awoniyi an expensive bench warmer. 

8 minutes ago, KDT said:

I wonder how much of a say Cooper is having in some of these transfers, it seems like such a scatter gun approach. I can't see them playing 2 up top and then having Lingard & Johnson in the side as well, so that makes one of Dennis & Awoniyi an expensive bench warmer. 

------------Awoniyi-------------

Dennis-----Lingard------Johnson

---------MC-------MC----------

DL-------DC-------DC--------DR

---------------GK----------------

Surely?

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

------------Awoniyi-------------

Dennis-----Lingard------Johnson

---------MC-------MC----------

DL-------DC-------DC--------DR

---------------GK----------------

Surely?

Assumed that they're normally a wing back team given how they started on Saturday.