Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Confident we’ll swoop in last second for Paqueta, hence the JP deal being dead. I mean the rumour is around £50m for Paqueta. £20m more than JP. No brainer. Unless we’re confident of getting Gallagher and Pulisic or something on loan. 

I'm not and I'm now starting to wonder why he hasn't already moved. I've watched him a fair bit since Januaryand seems ideal for what we need, so much so that my main fear was that we wouldn't be big enough at this point but it seems like those clubs I was worried about aren't interested........why ? What am I missing ?

18 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Think the issue with Paqueta is probably more teams viewing him as a number 10 and not a lot actually needing/using someone in that position. 

Why though ? I don't see it like that, the games more fluid than to pigeonhole someone so narrowly, especially now. He's so versatile he's ideal to have in a modern middle 3.

35 minutes ago, madras said:

Why though ? I don't see it like that, the games more fluid than to pigeonhole someone so narrowly, especially now. He's so versatile he's ideal to have in a modern middle 3.

I think he'd be perfect for our 3 man midfield too. City would make sense if they sold Bernardo. 

We bought Bruno unchallenged to be fair so I wouldn't read a whole lot into nobody really being in for him. I just don't think any of the prem teams that can afford Paqueta view that as a priority position at the moment. 

West Ham would be such a bad career move for Paqueta, I wonder if this is all being made very public for a reason. It wouldn't suprise me if City come in for him with Bernardo kicking off.

Edited by The Prophet

Knew that £33 million fee was bollocks :lol:

I wonder if we go in for him if Wilson stays fit and we didn't need to replace him.

I'm delighted with Isak though, so not remotely bothered about this.

I'm worried for Paqueta though as I just don't trust Moyes. Could see the move not working out for him.

Anyway ... when they get relegated we can swoop in and pick him up on the cheap :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Whatever, we just got Isak and we're not done yet. 

I mean if we get Gallagher or Pulisic then yes it's whatever. But if Isak is our last piece of business, I can't help but still feel slightly disappointed despite the £100m+ we've spent this summer :lol: Wonder if we might go back for JP if all fails. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Knew that £33 million fee was bollocks :lol:

I wonder if we go in for him if Wilson stays fit and we didn't need to replace him.

I'm delighted with Isak though, so not remotely bothered about this.

I'm worried for Paqueta though as I just don't trust Moyes. Could see the move not working out for him.

Anyway ... when they get relegated we can swoop in and pick him up on the cheap :laugh:

There was obviously a link with him but he clearly wasn’t a priority. We can’t sign everyone anyway lol I’d rather we signed a striker and another winger 

He fits West Ham's team more clearly as they play with a solid double pivot and a 4-2-3-1. From what I've seen I think he could have played in our team too but there would definitely be slightly more doubt about him fitting a midfield 3 in the PL.

I'm delighted we've got Isak but I still think we need either a winger or a midfielder with creative or goalscoring output. Not sure whether we'll be spending anymore hard cash so hope we can pull off somebody like Gallagher or Pulisic on a loan-to-buy.