Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, The Prophet said:

Aye. I was thinking about our options and I think if prefer another all rounder such as Thuram or Kone to replace Longstaff, rather than am outright number six like Ugarte.

Either would work like.

Not think we go for both? As in an out and out number 6 and then Longstaff replacement/competition?

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ugarte to Liverpool getting a bit of traction.

Welcome to him as far as I’m concerned. I fully expect him to make me look stupid but I don’t think he’s very good at all.

I’d be annoyed if they got Lavia though, think he’d be perfect for us.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not think we go for both? As in an out and out number 6 and then Longstaff replacement/competition?

Aye, I keep forgetting we're in Europe, so we'll likely need more options in there. I can see one being a more marquee name and another being one for the future, like that lad from Bristol City.

17 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Welcome to him as far as I’m concerned. I fully expect him to make me look stupid but I don’t think he’s very good at all.

I’d be annoyed if they got Lavia though, think he’d be perfect for us.

Would be surprised if Liverpool were to get Lavia alongside Mac Allister and Ugarte, particularly are they seem set on moving Trent central as well. Not sure we will get Lavia regardless mind, we have yet to be strongly linked (not that the media knows that much).

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be surprised if Liverpool were to get Lavia alongside Mac Allister and Ugarte, particularly are they seem set on moving Trent central as well. Not sure we will get Lavia regardless mind, we have yet to be strongly linked (not that the media knows that much).

Aye the lack of Lavia links are annoying. He's perfect for us. Decent fee, smallish wages, massive potential.

5 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

The way Klopp talks about it they have 50p to spend

Best way to go out about it in my opinion. Woodward used to say we wouldn't be beaten in the market by anyone and we always had money to spend. Usually ended up in us massively overpaying.

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Best way to go out about it in my opinion. Woodward used to say we wouldn't be beaten in the market by anyone and we always had money to spend. Usually ended up in us massively overpaying.

Oh I get that, and that's what we have been trying to do, before dropping £60m on Isak we were banging on that we had less than that overall for whole window. It's more how much he complains about how poor Liverpool can't compete with the big club while signing loads of players. I completely see the argument, it's obscene what Chelsea, City, and in the future one suspects we can do, but Liverpool have been able to buy top players. You just have to be smart, and generally Liverpool have been, their squad isn't cheaply assembled and despite blip this year have generally been pretty close to Man City. 

Basically I understand the complaint but Klopp acting like he has assembled his squad from scraps and money found behind sofa always grates a bit for me

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Nah the best way is to just say that about his position without, as he does, whining on about others, quite often talking utter shit with little basis in fact.

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Oh I get that, and that's what we have been trying to do, before dropping £60m on Isak we were banging on that we had less than that overall for whole window. It's more how much he complains about how poor Liverpool can't compete with the big club while signing loads of players. I completely see the argument, it's obscene what Chelsea, City, and in the future one suspects we can do, but Liverpool have been able to buy top players. You just have to be smart, and generally Liverpool have been, their squad isn't cheaply assembled and despite blip this year have generally been pretty close to Man City. 

Basically I understand the complaint but Klopp acting like he has assembled his squad from scraps and money found behind sofa always grates a bit for me

Aye the squad is very expensive. Top 5 ITW I reckon. More expensive than the "all-star" Real Madrid team they lost too. But the wages are likely much less.

They sell fairly well too.

I know the Saudi's are mental but has anyone told them they don't have to waste money so fucking recklessly? :lol: Messi and Ronaldo I can get behind because they bring much more to the table but Lloris on 300k a week? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Given his performance at SJP the other week, no.

I assume he's a much better player than he showed us though?

7 goals and 14 assists in 45-ish PL-games for Tottenham.

7 minutes ago, lxsln said:

No rumour, but apparently Tottenham do not intend to buy Kulusevski. For €35,000,000, would you go for him?

Last year's form - undoubtedly.

This year's form - no.

Ability wise? Yes. Left footer. Great price. Can play RM and I assume AM. He was brilliant last season. Scoring and creating. 35m? Better value than Maddison.

From what I know, I would be all owa that.

Edited by The College Dropout