Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, madras said:

And also looks as iffy as fuck.

I'm not an expert on loans, but bearing in mind there appears to be some questionable decisions taken with long term contracts to avoid FFP issues , why would it be questionable to loan from Saudi clubs to NCL apart from the obvious and what could the premier league or FIFA actually do about it?.

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm prepared to be wrong on Havertz and maybe Areteta has some brilliant plan, but I just don't really see how he improves their first XI. What even is their first XI with him and presumably Rice? Is he replacing (or a backup to) Jesus? Is he a backup to Martinelli and Saka? Or do they have a way of starting all of Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, Havertz, and Odegaard?

Havertz will rotate with Odegaard I reckon. 

As Arteta is a Pep clone, maybe it's a 3-2-4-1:

White - Saliba - Gabriel

Rice - Zinchenko

Saka - Odegaard - Havertz - Martinelli

Jesus

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Awful that Bernardo is right in his prime and could pick anywhere in the world. 

I don't think I'd even like it if he hates his first month there and moves to us end of August on loan.

Just now, toon25 said:

Genuinely reckon Bernardo is one of the best players at the mo. Absolutely pissing his car££r away going to Saudi.

He’s kind of won everything already I suppose. I would probably go, but it is a shame. 

Interesting to see Bernardo, Gundogan and Walker looking at new challenges after achieving all they can at City.

You'd imagine it makes City far more active in the transfer market than previously expected.

Wonder if training under Pep is intense as fuck , which might make players more open to leave, especially after they've just won the treble? Not worth it sticking around, working thwt hard when youve just completed club football, basically

18 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Wonder if training under Pep is intense as fuck , which might make players more open to leave, especially after they've just won the treble? Not worth it sticking around, working thwt hard when youve just completed club football, basically

I reckon everything under Pep is intense as fuck [emoji38] 

Sure Dani Alves said something like if Pep asked him to jump of the Nou Camp he would and assume there was a good reason for it, by the time he left he said he wanted to throw Pep of the Nou Camp. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Like @SEMTEX has alluded, Smith Rowe must be disappointed. 

Get him in.

He’s mad injury prone isn’t he? Might have made that up but it’s a no from me. JWill>Death Row

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s mad injury prone isn’t he? Might have made that up but it’s a no from me. JWill>Death Row

Yeah probably fair. Get the impression he's mainly a 10 which we dont play as well. With less ability than Odegaard to play deeper. And lacking the turnover and carrying ability of Willock.  He's classy af, though. If he can stay fit and someone can get a tune out of him he'll be decent.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Yeah probably fair. Get the impression he's mainly a 10 which we dont play as well. With less ability than Odegaard to play deeper. And lacking the turnover and carrying ability of Willock.  He's classy af, though. If he can stay fit and someone can get a tune out of him he'll be decent.

Aye, he’s a good player, who I like, don’t get me wrong but not for us. He could do with getting out of Arsenal though albeit I couldn’t say where’d suit. Feels like he’s not appropriate for Europa League clubs but too good for Fulham and similar. 

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye, he’s a good player, who I like, don’t get me wrong but not for us. He could do with getting out of Arsenal though albeit I couldn’t say where’d suit. Feels like he’s not appropriate for Europa League clubs but too good for Fulham and similar. 

Aye same. Maybe Villa. Or Brighton, could do well there. Theyve probably got options sorted for the next 3-5 years though.