Other clubs' transfers

Greg

£35m? Reports yesterday said around £20m. Hasn’t he only one year left on his contract?

He's worth as much as what clubs are willing to pay to get their man.

So much rage at Seri to Fulham, man. Hate football so much.

A ridiculous transfer that makes me sad because it reminds me of what we used to be, and are now SO far off. The regression is heartbreaking.

Can't spend as much as clubs like Bournemouth because they've had a season of extra TV money, couldn't spend as much as Huddersfield or Brighton when they came up with us and now can't spend as much as newly promoted teams.

Amazing work, Mike.

It continues to amaze me how every club can smash our transfer record yet we fish around loaning and getting  freebies and bargain bucket signings as if it's still 1995

Something is seriously not right and how the fuck Rafa puts up with this is mind blowing

Doubt he'll put up with it for longer than his contract.  He's tried his hardest to work with them, surely this transfer window is the one that will make his mind up that they will never change.

"sign this contract or you will struggle to sign players" ... fucking pathetic.

It’s usually at this point we shut up shop and don’t say a word.

Ashley has us exactly where he wants us, we can only hope Rafa has some money to spend as he wants to use it more strategically. Either way I’m not going to be happy until he signs a new contract as that’s the signal we actually want to try.

Guest reefatoon

It continues to amaze me how every club can smash our transfer record yet we fish around loaning and getting  freebies and bargain bucket signings as if it's still 1995

Something is seriously not right and how the fuck Rafa puts up with this is mind blowing

Wish it was 1995, we spent around £14m.  We can only dream of spending that kind of money now.

Wonder what excuses they will use this season. The thumb going through the list of excuses as we speak as to why we can't compete with Fulham and Cardiff.

As if excuses matter with them, just regurgitate some bullshit then say nowt.

Like this a lot tbh, good to see young players go abroad and play

:thup: Let's hope he has more of a brain on him than Burke does.

Definitely. Isn't their head of recruitment an English guy?

I'm not sure. Ragnick is taking the reigns again until Nagelsmann steps in isn't he?

Guest ElCid

Business done by Fulham and West Ham fully illustrate that this club is never going anywhere under the fat cunt who I fucking hate more with each passing day. The fact that even though the transfer fees have rocketed these last few years and still our record transfer is from before this prick bought us is just taking the piss.

It seems to me that Ashley won't spend big because he wants the books to balance with no outsanding debt in order to make the club an attractive prospect to any potential buyer.  Trouble is the fat git seems to think that makes the club worth more than potential buyers are prepared to pay.