Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

This man is a fucking colossus. 100 times the man that Pardew will ever be, 100 times the manager, yet about a billionth of the ego. I know one didn't immediately follow the other, but the gulf between them is just beyond belief.

He makes supporting Newcastle a source of pride, a privilege, I actually look forward to match days now, which like many I for years didn't, and it's entirely down to this man.

I think I love him.

This man is a f***ing colossus. 100 times the man that Pardew will ever be, 100 times the manager, yet about a billionth of the ego. I know one didn't immediately follow the other, but the gulf between them is just beyond belief.

He makes supporting Newcastle a source of pride, a privilege, I actually look forward to match days now, which like many I for years didn't, and it's entirely down to this man.

I think I love him.

'Careful what you wish for'

It's a great and almost lost feeling knowing we can compete and best some of the top teams in the league. No team should be feared, thanks Rafa.

i was thinking about this yesterday, if he stays a few years and we make some nice progress, god forbid win a cup or something, i'll have more fondness for him than any before him in my supporting time, i'm not far away from that now tbph

i think the difference is i wasn't around to directly experience the pre-keegan years so there's no context for me about where we were to where we went to some degree...with rafa pardew had actually broken me, i borderline hated football and certainly couldn't have cared less about NUFC until he came along

he's also done the one thing i've been moaning about for years with top managers at their peak - instead of continuing on the gravy train buying cups and titles he's went and challenged himself, probably to an extent he didn't think he'd have to, yet he's come through it and it's quite clear that given sufficient backing he'll be able to put together a very decent PL outfit and probably get us back into europe

tldr in short  :love: :love:

Is there any manager in the world more perfect for our club right now?

:pardsgrin: :pardsgrin: :pardsgrin:

If it wasn't for the fear he'd have a fans revolt on his hands, I still think Ashley would prefer to have that nugget in charge given the choice.

Every time you think it can't get any better or love him anymore he pulls it out the bag. He's a season manager and plays the long game when we've been uses to living game to game. He's managed the squad so well and improved them so much

I'll be delighted if West Brom win a few before the end of the season, shows Pardew up for being the useless shitstain that he is and rams another nail into the "nothing he could have done" coffin.

Fuck Pardew~! Cross and Hoof BUllshit football.

Btw Rafa has shown two seasons in a row, how to keep a team on its toes.

The late run in to the end of the season, is where many weak minded lazy teams fall off the charts.

Rafa has instilled this strong tough mentally in his players , is no wonder the never give up attitude won us the Championship last year as well.

It is very unfortunate Rafa didn't have enough time to give the players the believe and discipline in our relegated season.

The way he models the team with hardwork and strong mental attitude is really starting to show, could only see us going from strength to strength. What a Legend.