Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Have they not just changed the whole scouting and transfer team to match what Rafa wanted ? Seems a bit daft to sack him and be left with nothing 

Farhad Moshiri is the prime example of money and wanting to do well not making you a good owner. 

This man's stubbornness completely ruined things for him in the end.

If he had just left the gig alone after the initial reaction from Everton fans, I imagine he would have been here at Newcastle now with us comfortably in mid table, a bunch of players he knows and likes already signed, and us dreaming of the great times we were on our way to having. 

Absolutely sickening.

On 07/12/2021 at 20:15, reefatoon said:

This is what my worry is if Rafa is ever sacked. Don’t want to hear constant comparisons or people pushing him to take over here and having added pressure put on Howe. We just need to move on. I’m happy with Howe and looking forward to seeing what he can do.

^ Still the case for me now. If we don't make 3 or more top signings for the positions we need the pressure will increase. Pay the money and get it done.

Sad for him that it hasn't worked out.

Whatever he's done in China or at Everton doesn't take anything away from the job he did here and I'll always rate and think the world of him. However, I think it's pretty much beyond question that, in a purely footballing sense, he's made three really bad decisions in a row. I'm sure he won't have any regrets because, in every case, they were opportunities to build something and leave a legacy; particularly China where he was being paid handsomely to have total autonomy. And, in the case of Everton, it enabled him to be close to his family after a year away during a pandemic; a reasonable motivation, imo, and not a reason to be critical, as seems to be the case in this industry. But with hindsight, they've been successively bad for his career and his stock has plummeted now. 

I hope he takes some time out and finds a new club next season that is better suited to him, and that he enjoys more success. He's a top man. Everton fans are utterly rancid; some of the bitterest around. So horribly in the shadow of an objectively bigger and more successful club, and they're in a permanent state of angst. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

If we could get him in a temporary advisory role or something I would like[emoji38]

I've pulled that completely out of my arse mind.

I'd have him as a DoF. Said that before getting Howe. RB as DoF and Howe as manager.