Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

To be fair it’s about his level now, I don’t see any other teams in the league going for him after his last few jobs. I hate tory Frank and don’t rate him as a manger but even he seems to have improved Everton from the mess Benitez left .

Never makes sense to me that a playoff winner gets sacked within months in the PL.

Unless they have spent so much money that it would bankrupt the club to go back down (why be allowed to spend that much), the manager has effectively secure a one season payday plus parachute payments.

This should allow for squad development such that if they do get relegated, they are now favourites for automatic promotion and next time around in the PL can further strengthen and have a proper shot at it.

Rafa's key skill is making groups of players stronger than the sum of their parts. There's enough quality at Forest for Rafa to work his magic - Lingard, Johnson, Boly, Aurier, Kouyate, Dennis, Lodi, Henderson. He'd keep them up with room to spare 

I assume Rafa would start with his 5-2-3 style lineup at first with Williams and Lodi as wing backs and make them incredibly hard to beat and score on counters. There seems to be enough pace and athleticism in that team to bust a gut for Rafa 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Not on here, he isn't. A deek on social media shows the complete opposite amongst a few fanbases.

I wouldn’t take social media as an accurate barometer of anything apart from a measure of the worst of the human race 

Guest reefatoon
27 minutes ago, LV said:

I wouldn’t take social media as an accurate barometer of anything apart from a measure of the worst of the human race 

While this is true, I also wouldn't take this forum as an accurate barometer either.