Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

<3 Rafa

Still would love to have him involved in some way but I guess he is still after management positions. Everton was such a mess, and I still get so fucking annoyed about some of the discourse about his time with us. He was fucking brilliant for us in incredibly trying circumstances. 

His organisation of our defence away to Leicester not long after he joined is something I'll never forget. We had been in such a mess for so so long at the back and he had us so tight and compact, every player in perfect positioning right across the line.

Somethings even on TV you can spot clearly, like how it is now with Eddie. And how is never was under Bruce [emoji38]

Edited by Scotty66

On 21/09/2022 at 00:11, Jaqen said:

His treatment of James and Digne didn't help either, like. Two of their better attacking players forced out isn't going to win the fans or dressing room over. 

Rafa was all about the system tbf, he would happily sacrifice a player who didn't fit his plans. Quite topical since he binned off Mitro who has gone from strength to strength at Fulham, and brought in Joselu as a replacement. You can't really argue as he got the job done, but he when you think he let Toney and Mitro go, and how hard it is to buy a decent striker, we did lose some assets to maintain that system.

Would like to see Rafa clear his name after all the shit he’s taken during and post-Everton. Not sure this is the club to do it at but if anyone can get them organised defensively it’s Rafa and he’d have most of the season to do it