Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dunno why anyone is surprised, takeovers don't happen overnight.

I don't expect any conclusion for months tbh, I was surprised we got as much info as we did already.

I don't think anyone is surprised. I think it's more about people being sick of waiting, despite knowing that these things take ages.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were other interested parties, besides PCP.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was no one else and Mike was trying to hike up the price all along.

I'm of this opinion. Mainly to p*ss Odin off though.

Nope I’m in top form today. Still think everything that’s been written so far is 100% guesswork.

The only reason this needs to hurry the fuck up is because we need players in January to abate the danger of going down. We could be taking an unnecessary risk - again - if we don't bring in what we need. Otherwise the takeover can take its sweet time as long as it gets done right eventually.

Maybe she saw all her friendly chats turning up on message boards and decided to shut up?

He hadn't actually mentioned the chat was with her until yesterday. Everything that was talked about has since been made public knowledge, although I think his organisation is the only one she has spoken to directly.

It could of course be her using NUFC as bait to interest other clubs as potential takeover targets?

Honestly not feeling confident about this takeover actually happening at all now.

No news is good news for me I think it will be ticking along nicely. If anything was up or it was about to fall through you would hear about it as Ashley would stick out some PR thing to try and force other parties hands.

I personally think everything is agreed in regards to price. I think currently they are crossing the I's and dotting the T's as they will not want to announce anything until they are 100% complete with all their checks. They are a professional business who will do things correctly not like Mike Ashley they won't want to announce anything and then be embarrassed by something coming out from their final checks.

You will find local papers trying to second guess whats going on or trying to sensationalise stories, such as the Shields Gazette. They are running a story with the first line in bold saying time is running out for takeover to be complete before January. You then read it and it has nothing new to even suggest that s the case.

You had the Chronicle the other week saying that PCP hadn't contacted the premier league about going through their checks and that this can take weeks. But then in the same article they say that the premier league has turned down over 20 new potential owners that no one knows of. Well if that's the case how the fuck to a tin pot local paper know that PCP haven't already started the ball rolling with the premier league. No fucker knows, including myself but I just have a feeling it will all of a sudden be announced that we have been sold.

Then hopefully the party begins  :yikes: :frantic:

Dunno why anyone is surprised, takeovers don't happen overnight.

I don't expect any conclusion for months tbh, I was surprised we got as much info as we did already.

I don't think anyone is surprised. I think it's more about people being sick of waiting, despite knowing that these things take ages.

What are you waiting for though?  if it happens then it happens but there's zero point in worrying about it either way.

I personally haven't read anything on the takeover for a couple of weeks.

The fella Paully & I know has heard nothing since I initially passed on info.....and his source was AS herself.

Yep - I messaged him yesterday to see if he had any updates - he told me last week that his source was Amanda after he interviewed her.

I’m in the “no news is good news” brigade as Ashley via his PR pals would have been all over it if things didn’t look good!

As mentioned before, a takeover of this size with the relatively limited DD involved (i.e. NUFC as a business isn't that complex compared to a lot of deals - they don't have loads of overseas subsidiaries, income streams are pretty limited (mainly tv contract and season tickets etc) shouldn't actually take that long.  Obviously the HMRC issue is one that needs to be negotiated, but an indemnity for tax liabilities isn't exactly unheard of.  I'd be surprised if we haven't heard anything by the end of November. 

As mentioned before, a takeover of this size with the relatively limited DD involved (i.e. NUFC as a business isn't that complex compared to a lot of deals - they don't have loads of overseas subsidiaries, income streams are pretty limited (mainly tv contract and season tickets etc) shouldn't actually take that long.  Obviously the HMRC issue is one that needs to be negotiated, but an indemnity for tax liabilities isn't exactly unheard of.  I'd be surprised if we haven't heard anything by the end of November.

Aye but most havent dealt with a weasel like Ashley. Id make sure id gone over everything twice maybe three times with that dodgy fucker.

The big issue is whether we have signed Heads of Terms with anyone ahead of Due Diligence.

In most cases that would happen. Heads of Terms outline the principals of the deal (fee's to be paid, staged payments, debentures, securities etc etc) and then due diligence would seek to look under the bonnet, make sure there are no showstoppers with a view to the deal being completed.

In the event there are concerns from the buyers then either the terms are adjusted or the deal dies.

It could be the case the MA has agreed differing HoT's with various potential buyers and has chosen to negotiate again after DD.

We're all blind but, given our experiences under Ashley, it's always safe to assume that he's likely to be the biggest factor in any deal being delayed or falling over, not the potential HMRC liabilities which would simply see an agreed amount put into an escrow account until resolution with formal agreements upon what happens to those monies when the matter is settled (i.e: who get's what's left over, probably MA and who picks up the excess if the bill comes in too high).

As mentioned above, it looks a relatively simple deal on paper. That is until you factor in Mike Ashley.

What this does tell us though is that the potential buyer(s) are not whimsical like he was. This may either mean they're looking for some sustainability and don't seem to be seeking a 'flip' should the likes of Amazon/Facebook get involved in a TV bidding war but it could also mean that they're an investment house looking at returns and less about the 'football' club.

The identity of Staveley's backers is going to be key. We really need to know what is driving them and whether they're buying the business based on short term returns or whether they have genuine intentions for us.

As soon as Ashley is gone (whether that's now or in a decade's time) the intentions of the money men will be key. Not the person fronting it in particular.

The big issue is whether we have signed Heads of Terms with anyone ahead of Due Diligence.

In most cases that would happen. Heads of Terms outline the principals of the deal (fee's to be paid, staged payments, debentures, securities etc etc) and then due diligence would seek to look under the bonnet, make sure there are no showstoppers with a view to the deal being completed.

In the event there are concerns from the buyers then either the terms are adjusted or the deal dies.

It could be the case the MA has agreed differing HoT's with various potential buyers and has chosen to negotiate again after DD.

We're all blind but, given our experiences under Ashley, it's always safe to assume that he's likely to be the biggest factor in any deal being delayed or falling over, not the potential HMRC liabilities which would simply see an agreed amount put into an escrow account until resolution with formal agreements upon what happens to those monies when the matter is settled (i.e: who get's what's left over, probably MA and who picks up the excess if the bill comes in too high).

As mentioned above, it looks a relatively simple deal on paper. That is until you factor in Mike Ashley.

What this does tell us though is that the potential buyer(s) are not whimsical like he was. This may either mean they're looking for some sustainability and don't seem to be seeking a 'flip' should the likes of Amazon/Facebook get involved in a TV bidding war but it could also mean that they're an investment house looking at returns and less about the 'football' club.

The identity of Staveley's backers is going to be key. We really need to know what is driving them and whether they're buying the business based on short term returns or whether they have genuine intentions for us.

As soon as Ashley is gone (whether that's now or in a decade's time) the intentions of the money men will be key. Not the person fronting it in particular.

Love your explanations of this sort of stuff. Thank you.

Heads of Terms is definitely a UK/Europe thing because we just call it a Letter of Intent (LOI) over here in the US for this sort of thing - which outlines Buyer, Diligence timing, closing timing, financing contingencies, and other high level terms that will get inserted into the Purchase & Sale (PSA).