Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Imagine being a billionaire and still wearing Geordie Jeans that you bought in 94

If he was wearing Geordie Jeans, they would be plastered in SD advertising with a dead pigeon hanging out of the pocket, plus his zip would be down and the legs covered in piss stains and seriously faded.

Imagine being a billionaire and still wearing Geordie Jeans that you bought in 94

If he was wearing Geordie Jeans, they would be plastered in SD advertising with a dead pigeon hanging out of the pocket, plus his zip would be down and the legs covered in piss stains and seriously faded.

What's the beef with GJ like? :rant:

Was talking to one of my old neighbours this morning, she works at one of the cosmetics concessions at HoF in the MetroCente. She reckons it's absolute chaos, loads of the suppliers are refusing to supply any more stock, as they haven't been paid, nobody knows who to ask questions to, and more importantly, she says that trade has fallen by about 90%, there's literally noone in the shop never mind buying stuff. Most of the staff there are looking for alternative jobs already, as they feel the writing is on the wall.

It would be a real shame if the fat cunt has bitten off more than he can chew this time, a real shame.

why would trade collapse so much though, they're presumably selling most of the same stuff they were before he bought them out

The deal he did meant he didn't have to pay any debts so some of the suppliers have lost out massively and are in a stand off. Also website being down means you xant browse or click and collect or whatever.

why would trade collapse so much though, they're presumably selling most of the same stuff they were before he bought them out

The deal he did meant he didn't have to pay any debts so some of the suppliers have lost out massively and are in a stand off. Also website being down means you xant browse or click and collect or whatever.

Yeah but 90% drop in trade in store? Even if the lass was exaggerating that doesn't make sense.

Yeah but 90% drop in trade in store? Even if the lass was exaggerating that doesn't make sense.

I think there's a bit of poetic licence with the 90% figure on her part, but she said it was desperate. If you're a punter, why would you buy something at a shop where there's a possibility of it closing down, meaning you wouldn't get your money back if the goods were faulty......I know I wouldn't, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Maybe being bought by Ashley really has cheapened the store in the minds of others, we hate him obviously, but he doesn't really have a good reputation anywhere as far as I can see.

House of Fraser has always been shite in terms of high st popularity tbh. Stores like John Lewis and Selfrdges have a brand identity and in store experience and even they are struggling. HoF suffered massively because it lagged just like BHS before it. M&S have the same issue although food and travel services keep them in the game.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did show up, but was putting out rumours he won't to stop angry Newcastle fans buying one share and making the long journey of they think they'll just see his empty chair.

My money is on him being there still and this is just spin.

Was talking to one of my old neighbours this morning, she works at one of the cosmetics concessions at HoF in the MetroCente. She reckons it's absolute chaos, loads of the suppliers are refusing to supply any more stock, as they haven't been paid, nobody knows who to ask questions to, and more importantly, she says that trade has fallen by about 90%, there's literally noone in the shop never mind buying stuff. Most of the staff there are looking for alternative jobs already, as they feel the writing is on the wall.

It would be a real shame if the fat cunt has bitten off more than he can chew this time, a real shame.

Was speaking to the staff the other day when they were explaining that you have to send off any gift cards to head office but they don't know why or if anyone will actually get anything back.

Lass said the first thing Mike did when he took over was bin off the entire security staff to bring in his own people. They seemed a bit pissed off and didn't fancy their chances of staying around after that.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did show up, but was putting out rumours he won't to stop angry Newcastle fans buying one share and making the long journey of they think they'll just see his empty chair.

My money is on him being there still and this is just spin.

Nah. he's no reason to. He's getting abuse if he shows up even if the Newcastle fans didn't show which many still will to protest to the shareholders of SD. He owns the largest percentage of Sports Direct so he has little need to show up as he has the power to overrule everyone. He sold his shares to get his hands on some cash. Would not surprise me if he takes SD private again in the future and will enjoy getting it back for cheaper.