Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

The only defence of Charnley I can remember was when the Beardsley thing came out and it was proposed in the papers that he'd literally not had time to deal with it because he's essentially the sole executive in every fucking department. :lol:

Genuinely can't remember 'quite a few' saying he's 'doing an ok job and nothing is his fault', as I recall he's basically viewed as incompetent.

Charnley was one of the lowest paid Chief Exes in the championship never mind the Premier league, he has been promoted way beyond his capabilities but he's a  cheap easy to handle yes man, perfect for his master.

Blaming Charnley is exactly what Ashley wants in this situation, the fall guy taking the fall for him.

Just like Joe Kinnear as "DoF".

All these f***ing years and nothing's changed.

People still aim their anger at him though, I know in the grand scheme of things whether you swear at Ashley or Charnley makes no difference, but its the mentality. Charnley's just doing his job for his wage. If he was told to spend a load of money he would do, the man doing the damage is above him and he's a master at getting others to take the abuse.

The only defence of Charnley I can remember was when the Beardsley thing came out and it was proposed in the papers that he'd literally not had time to deal with it because he's essentially the sole executive in every fucking department. :lol:

Genuinely can't remember 'quite a few' saying he's 'doing an ok job and nothing is his fault', as I recall he's basically viewed as incompetent.

Having seen his life admin first hand I wouldn’t trust him to sign his name.

Blaming Charnley is exactly what Ashley wants in this situation, the fall guy taking the fall for him.

Just like Joe Kinnear as "DoF".

All these f***ing years and nothing's changed.

People still aim their anger at him though, I know in the grand scheme of things whether you swear at Ashley or Charnley makes no difference, but its the mentality. Charnley's just doing his job for his wage. If he was told to spend a load of money he would do, the man doing the damage is above him and he's a master at getting others to take the abuse.

I know. It was the same for JFK, pretend to try to sign players, stay on a cushy little wage and take all the shit away from Ashley for when the end of the window came and went with no new incomings; churn out the "we tried our very best but couldn't get the deals over the line" statement. It's so fucking predictable that you have to laugh. :lol: I can't be arsed getting riled up about it.

I try not to buy into the whole malevolence meme, re all this. It is more just incompetence and an inadequate business model, me thinks.

I don't buy into the malevolence meme either, but it's not malevolence, it's a deliberate and longstanding policy of buying cheap young players regardless of their pedigree.

I try not to buy into the whole malevolence meme, re all this. It is more just incompetence and an inadequate business model, me thinks.

I don't buy into the malevolence meme either, but it's not malevolence, it's a deliberate and longstanding policy of buying cheap young players regardless of their pedigree.

Hes used to cheap shit labour its his mantra

Definitely going to be a case of Mitro sold and he comes in, with us footing around a £5-10m difference likely. Personally from what little I've seen of both players, I don't think there's much - if anything - between them.

Definitely going to be a case of Mitro sold and he comes in, with us footing around a £5-10m difference likely. Personally from what little I've seen of both players, I don't think there's much - if anything - between them.

Main difference is he looks a confident finisher, Mitrovic doesn't.  He looks a bit quicker as well and not as much of a loon, both physically similar.