Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Decent bit of business that, though still would have rather kept him, but from this point there is only 13 games until the January window due to the World Cup so if Pope was to get injured its not a huge amount of games for Darlow to play, and we get a decent loan fee, and keep a good servant to the club happy. Win win all-round. 

Good luck to him and I hope he gets some decent minutes to show what he’s capable of. 

I don’t think I ever felt such an upgrade in goalkeeping when he came in that season - the quality difference felt massive at the time as it was something we didn’t have. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

So what happens in January if we want to recall but man Utd want to activate the buy clause? They have priority even though he's still our player? 

Ten Hag vs Howe fist fight.

Brilliant servant and a bargain at the price we paid for him!

He kept us up single handedly in one of those horrendous Steve Bruce seasons!

Man Utd are still miles a bigger draw to a 33 year old Slovakian chap than us and he’ll currently get more games with European football!

OHH MARTIN DUBRAVKA!

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Better overall than Krul?

I think so. I don't think he had the highs of Krul or the lows, overall a lot steadier. There was a point where Krul did look like he could be something special but it never worked out.

Good deal for everyone concerned, strange deal mind or transfer, but good luck to wor Dubravka, he’s been generally brilliant for us. End of an era is looming, sadly in some ways as it emanates from the Rafa era, but happily we are now on the cusp of a new dawn under Howe and a much brighter future.