Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

He did go on a bit strange like. Leaving because you're going to play second fiddle to Nick Pope, so moving to Man United to play second fiddle to David De Gea? :lol: It doesn't really make sense like.

The whole tweeting as an out and out Man United player within about half an hour of going there on loan was weird as well.

People are obviously loyal and proud of their clubs almost to the extent of them being a family member. It doesn't matter how much credit you have in the bank with supporters, stuff like that is going to rub people up the wrong way. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think the stick is fair.

Reading between the lines he wanted to pull on the Manchester United jersey just so that he can say he has played for them. 

If he'd handed in a transfer request once he'd realised he was no longer our number one and asked to leave to play as a number one elsewhere, then I'd have nothing but respect.

He went their KNOWING he wasn't going to be number one for them. Therefore he chose to sit on their bench instead of ours, whilst risking his relationship with the fans.

Just to be clear, I don't dislike him but I won't have the sympathy I might have had at him sitting on our bench. He's an idiot.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, STM said:

I think the stick is fair.

Reading between the lines he wanted to pull on the Manchester United jersey just so that he can say he has played for them. 

If he'd handed in a transfer request once he'd realised he was no longer our number one and asked to leave to play as a number one elsewhere, then I'd have nothing but respect.

He went their KNOWING he wasn't going to be number one for them. Therefore he chose to sit on their bench instead of ours, whilst risking his relationship with the fans.

Just to be clear, I don't dislike him but I won't have the sympathy I might have had at him sitting on our bench. He's an idiot.

To be fair to him, I'd be the same. If I couldn't do my job and someone else was doing it but they still paid me I'd be pissed off and would want to leave. I know a lot of people would love that but I wouldn't and his career will be a lot shorter than mine. I don't understand why he went to man United though.

Would have thought he’d played his last game for us, if it’s true that he allegedly gave Howe a wet willy before he left. Ruffled Tindalls hair too, which apparently is a big no go due to the delicate Turkish styling he has. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

So he can go straight back out on loan/sold immediately but if he appears on our bench then that's it, he can't play for a third team this season? Is that right? Honestly don't know

He was on the bench on the opening day vs Forest for us. I think it's only actual appearances that count rather than unused sub selections.

Didn't it used to be you can't play for more than 2 clubs in a calendar year rather than a season? My memory isn't the greatest but seem to remember that's what scuppered Ben Arfa when he had that run out for our U21s before leaving.

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

'the way he went on' man. :lol:

He'd lost his place here and looked on a promise to play cup football at Man Utd instead. It didn't work out but the stick he's getting is mental.

Give over man, he got fuck all game time at Man Utd and served him right. He wanted to sit on the bench for Man  Utd rather than fight for his place here, as I said fuck him

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

He was on the bench on the opening day vs Forest for us. I think it's only actual appearances that count rather than unused sub selections.

Didn't it used to be you can't play for more than 2 clubs in a calendar year rather than a season? My memory isn't the greatest but seem to remember that's what scuppered Ben Arfa when he had that run out for our U21s before leaving.

It's such a grey area and genuinely don't know what they're all up to atm. Has it got something to do with being registered at a club? He's been registered at us and Man U already obviously, can he be registered for a third club? 

I know there was a temporary rule change to allow players to be registered for 3 different clubs in a season due to concerns during COVID of players being left unemployed. Not sure if it’s still in place, but I do believe the EFL have it in place permanently now. 

We replaced him with a much better keeper and he went out on loan probably thinking he'd get more game time there then he did. 

People acting like he's pissed on a toon top and declared his love for Ashley and Bruce. 

Think both club and player expected him to feature more. I don’t think there’s anything in this other than the club protecting him from being wasted like that. I’d expect him to be given an opportunity somewhere else this month.

The last few pages of this thread have been aids to be honest. This man was part of the team we were massively proud of last season, he saved us on many occasions.

Sure we seem to have upgraded, but that’s no licence to start being snidey cunts about. He would have gone there thinking if De Gea had a blip that he’d have gotten in there. I have no issue with that. It didn’t work out for him, it’s zero to gloat about.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Think both club and player expected him to feature more. I don’t think there’s anything in this other than the club protecting him from being wasted like that. I’d expect him to be given an opportunity somewhere else this month.

The last few pages of this thread have been aids to be honest. This man was part of the team we were massively proud of last season, he saved us on many occasions.

Sure we seem to have upgraded, but that’s no licence to start being snidey cunts about. He would have gone there thinking if De Gea had a blip that he’d have gotten in there. I have no issue with that. It didn’t work out for him, it’s zero to gloat about.

Or he could of stayed here thinking if Pope had a blip I'll get back in. 

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

To be fair to him, I'd be the same. If I couldn't do my job and someone else was doing it but they still paid me I'd be pissed off and would want to leave. I know a lot of people would love that but I wouldn't and his career will be a lot shorter than mine. I don't understand why he went to man United though.

Especially when he'd spent his career as a journeyman. The chance to represent Man Utd would have been massive.

Just flicking through his Insta; can't find any post where he comes across poorly. Very long post about how much he appreciated his time at NUFC followed by a typical post about being at a new club. 

More than happy to see him back because every one of us would've been delighted to have him as a number two. Bollocks to whatever happened at ManU.

I think people are forgetting when he was replaced with Pope it wasn't for lack of effort, commitment or decent performances. He saved our bacon on plenty occasions, so I understand his frustration. I'll even be the first to admit, I did not see sense in the Pope transfer initially, because I thought it was just a side-step rather than an upgrade, but I am glad to have been proven very wrong. Many of us at the time were more than happy with Dubravka to stay as our number one and knew that there were more important positions to fill ahead of another GK (but competition for the GK spot was still down on the list). Replacing Miggy (and signing a capable backup to Wilson), well before his freak transformation this season, was at the time, the biggest priority transfer that comes to mind.

Obviously Pope went on to show that it was correct to have him as our number one, but look at it from Dubravka's perspective - you have the likes of Murphy still getting game time, albeit different position but you'd know who you'd rather see the back off first - why play second choice and see massively limited game time considering his dedication and efforts to date/by the time Pope joined. If he is happy to play second choice and fight for his place - good, he's a perfectly capable keeper on his day, if not then 100% sell and make a profit or use as a bargaining chip to get Maddison.

Edited by Amir_9