Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

Guest Howaythetoon

Andy Cole rocket at home to Chelsea, Beardsley last minute winner away to Spurs. Sir Les away to Everton. Shearer 2nd in 7-1 at home to Spurs. Cole lob away to Oldham. Watson chip at Anfield. Albert chip. Ben Arfa at home to Bolton. Nearly all of Robert’s goals for us. So so many great, classic and important goals.

Guest Howaythetoon

Diame vs. Brighton

Repaid the 15m back alone with that goal. I think he meant it as well.

Kennedy’s first against Southampton and the goal we scored last season against Ipswich at home I think where every player had a touch.

Carroll Emirates a few seasons back.

Diame vs. Brighton

Kennedy’s first against Southampton and the goal we scored last season against Ipswich at home I think where every player had a touch.

Kenedy's against Southampton was one of your favourite ever Newcastle goals? :lol:

Ben Arfa v Blackburn.  It was an incredible run and an emphatic finish to light up a terrible game that we were losing.  Before the goal i was wondering why i’d bothered to turn up on a freezing cold January afternoon for a cup tie that i knew the club weren’t interested in winning.  Then HBA goes and does that, well worth the admission fee!

Guest Howaythetoon

Diame vs. Brighton

Kenedy's against Southampton was one of your favourite ever Newcastle goals? :lol:

Aye, I thought it was a class move and a great and intended finish. Hazard scores that or Salah and it would be highlighted to death. By the way, I could name you hundreds of my fave ever NUFC goals, there are that many.

Diame vs. Brighton

This is one of mine. The flukiest goal I've ever seen in arguably our biggest game of that season :lol:

Others for me would be HBA vs Bolton and Blackburn, Cisse vs Chelsea, Ritchie vs Man Utd and Shola's volley in the 5-1.

Guest Howaythetoon

Who was it against when Dyer scored an amazing solo goal, chipped it over a player and maybe another, ran onto it and I’m sure he chipped the keeper too? I’m thinking Everton but can’t quite remember. I think it was his debut season for us and under Sir Bobby. Another fave of mine was Tino 4-3 Anfield game first time around.

:lol: This is impossible.

Albert against Man Utd. All kinds of fucking amazing. Honorable mention for Shearer's celebration after his.

Bellemy against Feyenoord obviously.

Asprillas second and third against Barca. Insane. How long he hung in the air for the second and Gillespie's brilliance for the third. Can't pick between them.

Ginola against Ferencvaros.

Beardsley against Palace.

Who was it against when Dyer scored an amazing solo goal, chipped it over a player and maybe another, ran onto it and I’m sure he chipped the keeper too? I’m thinking Everton but can’t quite remember. I think it was his debut season for us and under Sir Bobby. Another fave of mine was Tino 4-3 Anfield game first time around.

Aye it was. Goodison, live on Sky too iirc.

Too hard not to mention a few.

Solano's chip over Edwin Van Der Sar as it was my first live goal.

Shearer's effort against Villa (used to watch that over and over on my 'return of the entertainers' VHS).

Robert's piledrivers against Spurs & Ben Arfa's dazzling runs simply have to get a mention too.

Going back to the 70’s

Malcolm Macdonald v Leicester.

A diagonal ball from Irving Nattrass through the centre circle which Mac ran onto and struck first time from about 30 yards out.

In goal for Leicester that day was a young Mark Wallington who went on to be first choice keeper for the next 10 years.

Macdonald said in the paper next day that the keeper showed his experience by even attempting to get to it. [emoji23]

Martins vs. Spurs was the one with the crazy reading on the speed gun, wasn't it. It looked completely unstoppable. He hit it on the run as well.

Mine would be HBA vs. Everton. A lot of watching football (us) is about hope, and for him to do that in his first game after the drawn-out saga in getting him was epic.