Leicester City 1-2 Newcastle United - 07/04/18 - postmatch reaction from page 21

Disco

Love seeing them all give that kid high fives like and the beaming smile on his face. Literally makes you think we're back to being a proper club. Doesn't even look forced just professional and respectful.

Ben Chilwell

I'm not sure of the stats, but I think they probably only had two shots and scored both of them.

That shows at the moment things are going against us. When a team has a chance, they seem to score.

It’s not an excuse, but it’s just how it is and we need to make sure that we limit those chances that other teams get and, when we get chances, make sure we score them and be more clinical.

I haven’t seen the penalty. It definitely would’ve given the team a good boost going into the game 1-1 at half-time.

We knew we would’ve 100 per cent gone on to win the game then. Being 1-0 down at half-time when we should’ve had a penalty was quite deflating.

I was only able to see the first 30 mins of the game because I had to take my boys to their footie, in those 30 mins it was all us. Perhaps the game turnaround completely after that but the stats of one shot on target from them, and no evidence of Martin making a save all game suggest that this and the Simpson article the Ronny Gill ran yesterday, where he suggested that it was just us sticking 11 players behind the ball and getting lucky with long balls, are a little of the mark.

I also read on 90mins some quotes from Jamie Vardy bemoaning our 11 man defence followed by long ball tactics to hit them on a counter attack....  Ignoring the irony of how they basically won the league with long balls from Drinkwater through for him to run onto and score to help them win the league a couple of seasons ago.....

They really cannot take being beaten by us can they?

Ben Chilwell

I'm not sure of the stats, but I think they probably only had two shots and scored both of them.

That shows at the moment things are going against us. When a team has a chance, they seem to score.

It’s not an excuse, but it’s just how it is and we need to make sure that we limit those chances that other teams get and, when we get chances, make sure we score them and be more clinical.

I haven’t seen the penalty. It definitely would’ve given the team a good boost going into the game 1-1 at half-time.

We knew we would’ve 100 per cent gone on to win the game then. Being 1-0 down at half-time when we should’ve had a penalty was quite deflating.

Leicester fans on FoxesTalk have been saying he’s thick as fuck, I can see that now.

Ben Chilwell

Leicester fans on FoxesTalk have been saying he’s thick as fuck, I can see that now.

Aye, we had 8 shots, 4 of those on target while Leicester had only 1 shot on target, the lads brain dead.

Is he mooning his mates  :lol:

Fuck knows why I’m in that pose. Think I had a few pints and I’m sort of trying to crouch down to be in line with the camera or something.

Either that or I’m sitting on the edge of the back of the seat.