Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, SteV said:

Not to sound like a prick, but this kind of stuff is far less prevalent when tickets are harder to come by.

At Leeds last week, where tickets were obviously really sought after, despite a (almost) standard allocation, the whole day was just a really, really good experience (apart from the shambles getting in to the ground and moving about at ht, but little blame for that belonged to fans IMO). 

I think it’s becoming obvious that tickets are going to become harder to come by in future, so although that is shite for a lot of people, it might mean we see a reduction in ‘loutish’ instances amongst our away following. 

There's definitely some truth in this like.

The experience of being in our away support from 2000-2010 was markedly different from 2010-2020. Lots of factors at play of course other than if the team is doing well (eg effect of austerity on society, greater prevalence of certain drugs etc) but it's definitely a factor. For example having a season ticket with 160+ points taken off you and not being able to watch a team which is hopefully going places is a greater deterrent to causing bother than a potential ban from watching Carvers charvers when you've got the ticket on members sale.

Not sure why but for some reason League Cup away games seem to be particularly bad for the whole hoying pints about, flares on the concourse brigade.

Wait til you see it :lol:

We got away quite quick at the end. Was parked in Tescos. Bolton chavs were all heading down to away buses, turned into a bit of a running battle with them and police through the traffic. Police reinforcements were heading up the motorway as we got on it.

Don’t think i have seen such a large Police presence in a long time, guess the knew what to expect of the Bolton fans.

25 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

There's definitely some truth in this like.

The experience of being in our away support from 2000-2010 was markedly different from 2010-2020. Lots of factors at play of course other than if the team is doing well (eg effect of austerity on society, greater prevalence of certain drugs etc) but it's definitely a factor. For example having a season ticket with 160+ points taken off you and not being able to watch a team which is hopefully going places is a greater deterrent to causing bother than a potential ban from watching Carvers charvers when you've got the ticket on members sale.

Not sure why but for some reason League Cup away games seem to be particularly bad for the whole hoying pints about, flares on the concourse brigade.

The lowest moment for me in this respect was being in the concourse at the awful 5-1 loss at Selhurst Park and our fans singing about the I.R.A. and ISIS. Pure EDL shit and far removed from what I had always expected of our supporters. 

Poor old Exile was in torment last night, seemingly about the state that SAFC are in... https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jermain-defoe-rumour.1569054/post-35416586 ...but we all know that it was really because the NUFC thread was locked.

Thankfully there is now a new one open so he has a purpose again.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Poor old Exile was in torment last night, seemingly about the state that SAFC are in... https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jermain-defoe-rumour.1569054/post-35416586 ...but we all know that it was really because the NUFC thread was locked.

Thankfully there is now a new one open so he has a purpose again.

Listing one of his accolades as 'ive fought people' :lol:

Guest carpetman1
4 hours ago, Hovagod said:

The lowest moment for me in this respect was being in the concourse at the awful 5-1 loss at Selhurst Park and our fans singing about the I.R.A. and ISIS. Pure EDL shit and far removed from what I had always expected of our supporters. 

There is that element. Even on this forum, a few years ago, someone posted a pic of the inside of their pub which was proudly displaying an EDL flag. And then there's the "Gremlins". https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-hooligans-jailed-20-21479534