Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

I thought CHANCERlerl Donald used it as a loan asset? These are fucked even if they do get promoted. They’re skint and why would trust fund kid dump money into a bottom half Champo club?

Because they assume the Dreyfuss kid has access to the entire fortune, and not just the interest from the trust fund his mother allows him to have, while at the same time most of them not realising Donald still owns a significant part of their club (probably 49% given Dreyfuss refused to disclose that he had anything more than a controlling stake)

7 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I thought CHANCERlerl Donald used it as a loan asset? These are fucked even if they do get promoted. They’re skint and why would trust fund kid dump money into a bottom half Champo club?

Maybe, but I still don't think that would make it an investment asset. That would imply you intend to sell it.

Using the SOL to secure a loan is more like taking out a second mortgage on your own home, but doesn't make it an investment asset.

Like I say, better than average chance that I might well be missing something. But, either way, you're right - their finances are a mess.

30 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Maybe, but I still don't think that would make it an investment asset. That would imply you intend to sell it.

Using the SOL to secure a loan is more like taking out a second mortgage on your own home, but doesn't make it an investment asset.

Like I say, better than average chance that I might well be missing something. But, either way, you're right - their finances are a mess.

I thought they did a HELOC of sorts on the Stadium and Training Complex to cover their operational losses? Definitely not an investment asset and there's some odd financing going on in the background that will bubble up to the surface when they eventually put the club up for sale.

There's no way the current owners can afford to be competitive with the top half of the Championship. They'd have to mirror what Blackpool did years ago, which is near on impossible these days.

I miss deluded world of RTG - the snippets he gave spared you the twilight zoney full-on RTG experience.

Some crackers echo-chamber comment every day was preferrable to seeing how every Newcastle fan is a rape condoner now and people with names like RokerMackem's 13 out of the last 14 posts were on the NUFC thread and the other on the PS3 one, obviously with a name like that the last thing you'd be interested in on your own clubs forum is your actual own club.

Edited by Wolfcastle

17 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I thought they did a HELOC of sorts on the Stadium and Training Complex to cover their operational losses? Definitely not an investment asset and there's some odd financing going on in the background that will bubble up to the surface when they eventually put the club up for sale.

There's no way the current owners can afford to be competitive with the top half of the Championship. They'd have to mirror what Blackpool did years ago, which is near on impossible these days.

Are they still clinging to the hope that Sartori is suddenly going to pour millions into them, and they can do a friendship thing with Monaco where they get first choice of the best players from there

13 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Are they still clinging to the hope that Sartori is suddenly going to pour millions into them, and they can do a friendship thing with Monaco where they get first choice of the best players from there

will-ferrell-john-c-reilly.gif

After the initial "dewkleration of peyce" offering of course. 

RTG is absolutely hilarious at the moment. Too many fantastic posts to even try and start copying across, nearly every one of them a gem.

Genuinely worry for their mental health as this progresses. There really is no other photo than this to sum them up. Every single post. :lol: 

dTcAHZc.jpg?fb

They are crying because they have quite a few out with COVID but the club are going ahead and playing it .

Look good to be beaten tomorrow 

7/4 Wycombe O0  3-0 36/1 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Playing a game when you’re ravaged with Covid so you don’t look like a mag is absewlewtly as Sunderland as it gets. 

Are they ravaged with covid? When are they playing?

Just now, Scoot said:

Are they ravaged with covid? When are they playing?

Tomorrow away at Wycombe. Read they’ve recalled their loan players to get it on. Could be a smokescreen though.

I know I said there’s too many to quote, but this one is too irresistible:

”If they go on to dominate football like I think they will, then the comparisons between us and the scousers will never have been stronger. 

Liverpool might have the trophies but Everton will always have the class. I know what I'd rather be”

:mackems:

Sunderland AFC, the team who actively protected and covered up for a convicted child sex offender, winners of the classiest club.

Never mind all of those PL and CL titles lads, it’s all about being the classiest club.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

"It’s a first. He’s got that. The first PL player to sign for a club owned by a country with one of the worst human rights records on the planet. War criminals responsible for a humanitarian disaster. And it’s been said enough what they do in their own country. Not to mention state decreed murder of a journalist in a foreign country. This doesn’t bother him now, obviously as if it did he wouldn’t have signed. But maybe just maybe when he’s getting on in years and he looks back on his life it may sink in what he did. Out of selfishness and greed. He was the first."

copium.jpg 

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

”If they go on to dominate football like I think they will, then the comparisons between us and the scousers will never have been stronger. 

Liverpool might have the trophies but Everton will always have the class. I know what I'd rather be”

Sunderland AFC, the team who actively protected and covered up for a convicted child sex offender, winners of the classiest club.

Never mind all of those PL and CL titles lads, it’s all about being the classiest club.

[emoji38] This is what makes it for me. They cling to this made up “classy” nonsense, when they are anything but. They don’t even win that the poor bastards.

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So basically classy clubs win fuck all…….I wonder which. I’d rather support 😏

24 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not just that, but Everton classy?

I actually think of Liverpool has having a lot more class, despite the success and Everton as being very low down the scale generally.

Despite being distinctly second best in their derbies, never wanted them to win, whereas I'd always wanted Man City to beat Man United when they were in the same boat.

Edited by Wolfcastle