Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Pixelphish said:

He's one of my fave's though with his attempts at masking the bitterness with pseudo intellectualism, but the mask slips more and more.

Did he seek a second opinion from his son who has a PhD in watching his father sell whatever integrity he had for a pint of luke-warm Stella?

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Not to mention our stadium is currently valued at just under £93m, a bit more than twice their record transfer fee.

Grumpy cunts latest, source SAFC accounts from an external advisor he says. The club with everything included was sold for less than one third of that :lol:

I'm totally failing to understand how they can even see that as remotely relevant. It's not like they can sell it to anyone 🧐

Going by that logic our stadium is probably worth 20 times their record signing. How that matters to anyone is beyond me

28 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Phillips was a good striker, IMO. Should have left the mackems earlier than he did.

He was decent but not great....just happened to form a great working partnership with Quinn that was massively effective 

Of course it's a nonsensical comparison in the first place comparing two completely different things. What a fool.

Then again, despite paying for the club with their own parachute payments, Donald himself had the club up for sale for a reported £38m just recently, a price presumably including the stadium. Let's be charitable and assume that was a fair price.

And leave aside that the whole club is therefore worth less than one Joelinton to start with then.

So, if the stadium really is worth £93m, that means the rest of the whole club is worth minus £55m to a buyer.

NB, re being able to sell the stadium - I did wonder why the stadium is valued as an investment property. Maybe that's a normal treatment for stadiums in football, not sure.

But either way, they could in theory sell it and rent it back as a last resort if they're skint. A few other clubs have done that. Generally not a great move long term.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Did he seek a second opinion from his son who has a PhD in watching his father sell whatever integrity he had for a pint of luke-warm Stella?

I'd be genuinely worried about my old man if he went on like he does on the internet. 

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

Of course it's a nonsensical comparison in the first place comparing two completely different things. What a fool.

Then again, despite paying for the club with their own parachute payments, Donald himself had the club up for sale for a reported £38m just recently, a price presumably including the stadium. Let's be charitable and assume that was a fair price.

And leave aside that the whole club is therefore worth less than one Joelinton to start with then.

So, if the stadium really is worth £93m, that means the rest of the whole club is worth minus £55m to a buyer.

NB, re being able to sell the stadium - I did wonder why the stadium is valued as an investment property. Maybe that's a normal treatment for stadiums in football, not sure.

But either way, they could in theory sell it and rent it back as a last resort if they're skint. A few other clubs have done that. Generally not a great move long term.

Championship been clamping down on clubs doing that.

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

I'm totally failing to understand how they can even see that as remotely relevant. It's not like they can sell it to anyone 🧐

Going by that logic our stadium is probably worth 20 times their record signing. How that matters to anyone is beyond me

My manager is a makum and he reminds me constantly that they own their own stadium. Its like he doesn't care they are in league 1 cause he can sleep well knowing that at least they own their own stadium. Uses it for comparisons between us and them. 

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

My manager is a makum and he reminds me constantly that they own their own stadium. Its like he doesn't care they are in league 1 cause he can sleep well knowing that at least they own their own stadium. Uses it for comparisons between us and them. 

We own the stadium, we lease the ground (free off the council) it’s built on.

Edited by et tu brute

Loved this post:

”The amount of media coverage they are getting is quite frankly sickening at National and Regional level. We've got a decorator in this week (even he's a bloody mag) and he brings his radio in with him and has Talksport on it and all they ever talk about is the mags. Put Sky Sports News on and it's mags this, mags that, put the local news and its the same. The Sky Sports NORTH EAST Sports correspondent only ever mentions them. He's either outside their shithole of a training ground or sat outside that lopsided shit tip. Doubt he even knows his way to the SoL. My contract with them is up in June if this continues there's no way I'll be renewing it and when I cancel I'll be telling them why!”

A bit like a Ipswich fan moaning that Norwich are getting more coverage than them on Sky Sports. Thats right, because they’re in the Premier League and not League One.

Nobody cares about your £10 purchase from Northern Ireland.

I reckon the customer service rep at Sky will be devastated to lose his custom and immediately rectify the coverage.

Closely followed by this gem:

Just using the figures you stinkers regularly spout
Over 100K petitioners 52 K screaming cess pits every other week
Those are your figures please explain the 52K stinkers every other week do they "actually go"???
Unfortunately your lot will NEVER have the moral decency or integrity of ANY SAFC supporter
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO IMPLY YOUR THE SAME”

Seems a bit contradictory :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Closely followed by this gem:

Just using the figures you stinkers regularly spout
Over 100K petitioners 52 K screaming cess pits every other week
Those are your figures please explain the 52K stinkers every other week do they "actually go"???
Unfortunately your lot will NEVER have the moral decency or integrity of ANY SAFC supporter
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO IMPLY YOUR THE SAME”

Seems a bit contradictory :lol: 

All joking aside, that's someone on the verge of a breakdown and a little bit worrying.