Newcastle United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion - 28/04/18 - post match from page 9

Greg

Think this is Rafa making a point that we need new players in the summer.

Playing any combination of our squad could be classed as making a point that we need new players in the summer. :lol:

So much for it being about demanding a team that tries, like. [emoji38]

A club that tries

Okay pedant, so moan at Ashley, rather than the team/player that's quite obviously trying.

Its not really pedantic at all. Two very different things. Don't understand why you're so upset that people aren't happy with that performance like :lol:

Yes, I understand the difference ye melt. It was in relation to the groans about Joselu.

People complain about players that are trying their best all the time, like. Forum would be pretty dead without it. You seem to be in a terrible mood for no reason

Shelvey's been bobbins ever since the talk of him playing for England. :lol:

The talk started way before the last 2 games.

Aye but not seriously. Southgate was supposedly at Goodison to watch him.

Guest firetotheworks

We are very toothless upfront.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that Rafa's pulled off survival. If we had a reliable striker and number #10 we'd look a much better team.

I missed the first thirty minutes, so didn't see the good stuff. What I saw was a lot of errant passing and poor application, typical of a team "on the beach".

Rafa won't be happy, and there is no need for anyone who paid to watch that to be either.

We are very toothless upfront.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that Rafa's pulled off survival. If we had a reliable striker and number #10 we'd look a much better team.

On a positive note, what he's achieved with that squad is fucking witchcraft like. Almost like he challenged himself to keep the worst strikers around, sign someone who would barely play, and we'd still score and win enough to stay up. bloke's a sorcerer  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

So much for it being about demanding a team that tries, like. [emoji38]

A club that tries

Okay pedant, so moan at Ashley, rather than the team/player that's quite obviously trying.

Its not really pedantic at all. Two very different things. Don't understand why you're so upset that people aren't happy with that performance like :lol:

Yes, I understand the difference ye melt. It was in relation to the groans about Joselu.

People complain about players that are trying their best all the time, like. Forum would be pretty dead without it. You seem to be in a terrible mood for no reason

Exactly, so the whole 'we don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries' line is horseshit and I've been saying it all season. We've got a team that doesn't always win, but one that always tries and every fucker despises Joselu and directs it at him rather than 'the club/Ashley', despite him being the personification of a player that doesn't win, but always tries. 

That was dreadful, thank god we’re safe.  The full backs both managed to stink the place out

Was thinking this today. The more I see these fullbacks, the more I think we should be looking at other options this summer.

Yedlin was so poor today.

Trying's clearly not enough. The last two results are just down to a lot of our players not being good enough, the struggle to stay clear of relegation for most of the season should tell us that much.

Think this is Rafa making a point that we need new players in the summer.

Playing any combination of our squad could be classed as making a point that we need new players in the summer. :lol:

True :lol:

Yedlin has been pretty poor most of the season. Doesn't find the space and we don't create it to use his pace in the premiership and he has always been frail defensively.

The result wasn't unexpected today while still being unacceptable especially more so in the manner of our performance. Our season ended as soon as we were safe and our decent run ended. Rafa is better off playing the fringe players tbh. 

Yedlin has been pretty poor most of the season. Doesn't find the space and we don't create it to use his pace in the premiership and he has always been frail defensively.

The result wasn't unexpected today while still being unacceptable especially more so in the manner of our performance. Our season ended as soon as we were safe and our decent run ended. Rafa is better off playing the fringe players tbh. 

I don't mind him too much defensively, it's his final ball/general productivity in the final third. Utter garbage.

And, you're right, we really don't take advantage of his pace.

I don't mind him too much defensively, it's his final ball/general productivity in the final third. Utter garbage.

He's just not good enough at either end for me. Not awful either, just looks like a player who is never quite going to step up and make a name for himself.

He's just not good enough at either end for me. Not awful either, just looks like a player who is never quite going to step up and make a name for himself.

I've been a supporter of him generally and there's not a better manager for him to work under but he's pissed me off no end this week tbh.

Fickle :lol:.