Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

40 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Dropped some absolute clangers today, and yet, we looked far more balanced. 

Yeah. He fucked up and lost the ball carelessly that set them off on dangerous counters. Was sloppy in possession. 

But loves finding space in that right channel and looks to get beyond Wilson and in behind their defence. 

I think/hope Tonali, Longstaff and Bruno on Tuesday will have a bit of balance and work well. 

Hit and miss performance but he was part of a winning side, which is often is when he starts.

I appreciate this was our easiest fixture so far on paper but there's a correlation going back about a year where Sean starting usually means we win, even if he has a canny poor game himself.

1 hour ago, SiLvOR said:

Dropped some absolute clangers today, and yet, we looked far more balanced. 

Yeah - can’t argue that we win when he starts, did it last season - missed him when dropped then turned it round when he came back in. Will always drop some clangers though.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Hit and miss performance but he was part of a winning side, which is often is when he starts.

I appreciate this was our easiest fixture so far on paper but there's a correlation going back about a year where Sean starting usually means we win, even if he has a canny poor game himself.

Should have read your post before writing mine directly below it.

He's not good in tight pressure situations at all.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah. Individually I don't think he was brilliant (aside from that class ball to Barnes) but aye, the midfield was so much more balanced today. Bruno, Joe and Tonali has a truckload of quality but Christ knows there's been no meaningful structure the last couple times they played. 

Might have something to do with who they were playing against.

32 minutes ago, Pilko said:

The only correlation is we literally had no other midfielders to come in though.

His energy was really good but he was really sloppy

Two big moments where he messed up and set them off on a counter, fortunately we didn't get punished for it 

Maybe it's due to him getting up to speed with things because I remember last season him starting this way, he then improved and didn't dally on the ball so much 

4 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Back in the team and we win. Coincidence?

Given that we weren't playing one of the current top 4, aye.

We were better against Villa when he didn't play and we won 5-1.

Nowt against Longstaff as I thought he was canny but I think he gets overhyped when he's not playing far too much.