Fabian Schär

good job Kane didnt do his usual swan dive in the box before he scored after schar had tugged his shirt.

would have been Schar off  and likley 5-1 with almost a whole half to play with a man down.

think we would have still edged it.

Can’t believe he plays for us and we got him for the price and under the circumstances(Ashley FC) we did. Always felt like he was the type of defender Wenger would want playing in his back line. Props to the scouts that got him because he’s a gem of a player and a man. 

57 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Can’t believe he plays for us and we got him for the price and under the circumstances(Ashley FC) we did. Always felt like he was the type of defender Wenger would want playing in his back line. Props to the scouts that got him because he’s a gem of a player and a man. 

Wasn't even scouting. It was a Rafa genius signing for a mere £3 million when Ashley was refusing to give him any real money.

Not entirely correct to say it wasn't scouting, but it wasn't scouting done on behalf of NUFC. Benitez and his team keeps/kept a dossier on a number of players all around the world.

Other teams were probably just waiting for us to get relegated so they could swoop him up for next to nothing.

39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What I find unbelievable with this guy as well is that the years Bruce was mucking him about, no one even had the sense to come in for him!

I think Howe wanted him at Bournemouth

21 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Not entirely correct to say it wasn't scouting, but it wasn't scouting done on behalf of NUFC. Benitez and his team keeps/kept a dossier on a number of players all around the world.

Other teams were probably just waiting for us to get relegated so they could swoop him up for next to nothing.

Yeah, that's what I meant. 

It was down to Rafa that he came to Newcastle. Rather than it being a Newcastle scouting team recommendation.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Don’t think Fab is getting enough credit, outside of the fanbase, for his magnificent season. And just his luck that his phenomenal assist gets shaded by little Joe’s worldy. 

Agreed it was similar to the ball played at West ham but played down almost as a lucky hit. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Don’t think Fab is getting enough credit, outside of the fanbase, for his magnificent season. And just his luck that his phenomenal assist gets shaded by little Joe’s worldy. 

Under Rafa he had that insane season rating where he and Virjil were the top rated CB's in the league. But he fell completely off the radar under Bruce for obvious reasons. He's back to his best. 

He's classy as fuck. Pings passes like that for fun, has a 30 yard raker in him and remember the goal v Cardiff where he picked the ball up in the right wing-back position and the next player to touch it was the keeper out of the back of the net? This era's Philippe Albert. 

I think most of the teams or scouts rate his defending ability as “very poor”. And to be honest his defending is really his major weakness - and he needs a solid defence system to cover him up. He is just like the CB version of Pirlo.

He deserves a lot of credit for our outstanding season, I just want to point out that Botman probably deserves more.