Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

If there's no greater appetite for protest if Ashley is still here in February and Rafa has again had zero backing (and the contract remains unsigned), then at least we all know it's done and can go about our lives until the day he does sell (or die).

For me that's a very clear line in the sand for the entire support.

Still be 30k three even if we're not in this division, we've sold everyone and jfk is back as manager.

Ashley could even come out and say anyone who buys a season ticket is an utter mug and I'm going to see the club in to the conference and 25k would turn up.

I dont think anyone can put this down as an "Ashley wins again" scenario.

if he fucks this sale up the backlash will be bigger.

the media will call him out, more fans will be on his back and I think TMG will have more support (may be not tens of thousands but certainly more than now).

if we  boycott wolves game and the sale collapses - TMG loses, the club loses, and Ashley wins.

There is no sale.

Do not try and explain their thinking, that is impossible. Instead, only realise the truth...

Not sure what that ramble is supposed to be saying, except whinge about 'people on social media'.

If I didn't want this takeover so much it would be quite satisfying for him to be proved completely wrong :lol:

I still don't believe boycotting should have anything to do with a takeover or lack thereof. He's here, protest until he's gone. It's quite simple. 

Seems like a bit of opportunism by TMG to me. The boycott wasn’t looking like it was going to be a rip roaring success.

So it’s far easier to save face by calling it off for this daft reason.

With regards to this phantom takeover. Nobody knows if it will ever happen or not. But Mike Ashley appearing on Sky News with that smirk on his face and stuttering like a twat doesn’t sit well.

It’s being televised. Would have been perfect to have a half empty stadium as there’d be no getting away from it.

Yet he gets away with it, again. We fuckin deserve him. No backbone our support.

Gotta give credit to West Ham. The fans made the headlines and were vilified but it blew over quick enough and the club is much healthier now for it.

Odin[/member] Nothing stopping you boycotting.

Exactly, or anyone else.

I'm sure there will be more empty seats than usual on Sunday

Do what you think is right.

So what if 'it's been called off' :lol:

The proper fans that are left will do it anyway, just as they tried the walk in, and i don't care if that upsets people, i'm way past that point.

Very misleading. I think it’s more of a gripe at the media for trying to use the protests and boycotts as a method to get at him, the players, and the club, rather than him actually thanking or blaming the fans.

I'd hardly say very misleading and think you're looking for the interpretation you want. He does actually thank the fans and not sure if I've seen the media use boycotts as criticism of Rafa or the players, always largely (couple of bell end pundits aside) been linked to Ashley unless I've missed something.

If Lascelles came out with that he'd be vilified again. Especially the fact that that 3 points would make everybody happy....obviously doesn't come on here  :lol:

It's a valid point, not much difference at all between what the two said but, for whatever reason, Lascelles is held to very different standards. Rafa could wipe his arse with pages Bobby Robson's autobiography and nobody would bat an eyelid, myself included.

Can put it down to 'nuance' or whatever, but in reality it is because you like one more than the other.

Guest neesy111

For me Lascelles is now trying to use the situation to get what he wants $$$ wise from ashley by trying to be his best mate nowadays as lascelles will not find himself at a better club than us.

It's a valid point, not much difference at all between what the two said but, for whatever reason, Lascelles is held to very different standards. Rafa could wipe his arse with pages Bobby Robson's autobiography and nobody would bat an eyelid, myself included.

Can put it down to 'nuance' or whatever, but in reality it is because you like one more than the other.

Nonsense man. It is nuance because I’m a complex human being applying critical thought to a complex situation. As the manager Rafa is better at navigating the politics of it all than a 20 odd year old. It’s very little to do with preference as their jobs are different. But if one of them wants to use the label negative and expect no reaction they are being naive. You can can forgive him for it as I have. Find a point where Rafa has used that label and I’ll agree with you but he hasn’t - in fact he’s made great pains to avoid it.